Thread: Final 2 Keepers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Final 2 Keepers

For league in sig, I've highlighted the 8 players I am intent on keeping. Need to choose two more. Obviously there are quite a few trade options here (packaging two or three guys for an upgrade) but for now I'd just like some opinions on which two are the best keeper options.

I am also open to being convinced that OEL isn't necessarily a keeper. His declining shots/hits concern me more than the point dropoff. I know he was injured though....sort of assuming a bounceback year ahead.

The other 7 though I feel are pretty straightforward.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    10 Team, weekly H2H one-win league. Keep 15, any position. 26 man roster.

Skaters: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG,+/-, Shots, Hits.
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO.

Start: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G.

C: McDavid, Mackinnon, Lindholm
    LW:
    A. Svechnikov, Stamkos, Forsberg, Stutzle
    RW: Kempe
    D: Dahlin, Ekblad, Seider, Bouchard,
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

G: Shesterkin, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Final 2 Keepers

Pavelski and Simmonds are the top two non-keepers in my opinion on your roster. If you don't want to keep OEL, I'd put MacKinnon in as my 3rd choice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

Keep Pavelski - he's a sure thing, and a good one at that. I also see no reason for his production to drop in the next couple of seasons and he gives you nice across the board category contributions. Other than him, the viable choices are Bergeron, Hall, MacKinnon, Simmonds and Voracek. If it was me, I'd do Hall or Simmonds, although Bergeron is a tough guy to lose. Definitely trade MacKinnon - his name value is worth more now than his actual value.

I think OEL is a keeper in a 6D league.

Can you trade players for draft picks? If so, then in a keep 100 in total league you can easily flip whoever you don't keep among Bergeron, Hall, Simmonds, Voracek, MacKinnon and perhaps even Lindholm given his hot play of late.

FYI - your team is majorly stacked for a 10 team league, so I wouldn't be too worried about who you can't keep, since it seems like you've done a good job in the past of restocking your team.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Keep Pavelski - he's a sure thing, and a good one at that. I also see no reason for his production to drop in the next couple of seasons and he gives you nice across the board category contributions. Other than him, the viable choices are Bergeron, Hall, MacKinnon, Simmonds and Voracek. If it was me, I'd do Hall or Simmonds, although Bergeron is a tough guy to lose. Definitely trade MacKinnon - his name value is worth more now than his actual value.

I think OEL is a keeper in a 6D league.

Can you trade players for draft picks? If so, then in a keep 100 in total league you can easily flip whoever you don't keep among Bergeron, Hall, Simmonds, Voracek, MacKinnon and perhaps even Lindholm given his hot play of late.

FYI - your team is majorly stacked for a 10 team league, so I wouldn't be too worried about who you can't keep, since it seems like you've done a good job in the past of restocking your team.

Thanks guys.

Yes I can trade players for picks and that's certainly my intention.

A bit surprised to hear both of you say Pavelski is a sure thing...Just feel like at some point (and to some degree already) he has become more reliant on the talent around him as opposed to driving a line in the same way he used too. With Thornton not getting any younger I do have doubts about Pavelski's continued production.

Agreed that Mackinnon is a player to shop around given his perceived vs actual value.

No love for Faulk eh?
    10 Team, weekly H2H one-win league. Keep 15, any position. 26 man roster.

Skaters: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG,+/-, Shots, Hits.
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO.

Start: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G.

C: McDavid, Mackinnon, Lindholm
    LW:
    A. Svechnikov, Stamkos, Forsberg, Stutzle
    RW: Kempe
    D: Dahlin, Ekblad, Seider, Bouchard,
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

G: Shesterkin, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You have a lot that are really close for me.

I would say its between Pavelski, Bergeron, Hall, Simmonds.

Since you already have two C as keepers... I go Hall and Simmonds.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by mcmcpher2 View Post
    Thanks guys.

Yes I can trade players for picks and that's certainly my intention.

A bit surprised to hear both of you say Pavelski is a sure thing...Just feel like at some point (and to some degree already) he has become more reliant on the talent around him as opposed to driving a line in the same way he used too. With Thornton not getting any younger I do have doubts about Pavelski's continued production.

Agreed that Mackinnon is a player to shop around given his perceived vs actual value.

No love for Faulk eh?
    I'm a Faulk fan, but he's a redraft in this league, if you even want to stomach the injury headache.

As for Pavelski, although he's down a slight bit in scoring this season, look at how poorly his linemates have produced versus last year. It's a testament to how good Pavelski is that he's still doing this well. Plus, other than maybe Simmonds and Bergeron he's the best keeper option in terms of across the board contributions.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Pavelski does so many good things for your H2H format. He's a plus player, solid scorer, physical. He hits your categories well. I am not worried about him slowing down anytime soon,
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Pavelski (the best player here for the next couple years)

OEL (position value and will bounce back)
    Simmonds
    Bergeron
    Hall (if it's points only I'd keep him but should get good trade value)

McKinnon
    Voracek
    Lindholm
    Faulk

The bottom 4 should all be tradeable and make someone else's keeper list. You're going to have a great team again next season with a ton of good picks. Don't overthink it as any 3 of the top 5 listed are great options. If you can find someone that over values any of them trade them.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Simmonds and Pavelski for me - their multi-cat prowess makes them must keeps in a keep 10.

it' not 'no love' thing for faulk, just better, healthier, more reliable options
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4