Thread: players to stash for next year

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default players to stash for next year

available on FA would be looking to drop Stastny or Jagr or maybe Jarry. Points only.

F
    DeBrincat
    Sam Steel
    Namestnikov
    Gusev
    Kunin

D
    DeAngelo
    Sergachev
    Honka
    McAvoy
    Pulock
    Bean
    Chychrun
    14 team Keeper Points only - limited starting roster moves
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 3G
    C: Vilardi, Dvorak, Karlsson
    LW: Vrana, Hertl, Mangiapane
    RW: Kubalik, Point, Tuch
    D: Ty Smith, Hughes, Burns, Hronek
    G: Shesterkin, Varlamov, Vanacek
    BENCH
    Kakko, Turcotte, Sharangovich, Vilardi, Beckman, Perfetti, Lysell, Sillinger, McTavish
    Drysdale, Perunovich, R.Merkley, Fagemo
    Dostal

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: players to stash for next year

DeAngelo for Stastny makes a lot of sense to me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I like the DeAngelo for Stastny. Sergachev, Chychrun and Pulock are also very interesting. If you are looking for long term upside with perhaps a longer wait, I'd probably go with Sergachev though. Close.

The only forward on the list that really interests me is Debricat. If you just add an N though, you get Debricant, and that is slightly worrisome ��

But if you have years to stash the player, Debricat probably has the biggest upside on either list.

I might drop Jagr too. I think he's got to fall off eventually. Not sure where he even plays next year.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

The Great One

I would drop all of Jagr Stastny and Bailey and pick up McAvoy Sergachev DeAngelo.

This would give you ridiculous D depth. A position you wouldn't have to worry about for a long long time.

I don't think you can drop Jarry since goalies are probably very valuable in this league.

The only position I would try to get more depth and prospects in is G. It's your weakest.

Im in a very similar league and if someone was able to trade Jagr/Stastny/Bailey for McAvoy/Sergachev/DeAngelo the uproar would be huge.

Even if these guys don't help you next year, the'll carry more value as an asset.

Unless Im missing something it would be incredibly short sighted of you to pass on this.

The Great One

I would pick up all the d men listed but not sure I'd drop Bailey... Niemi on the other hand...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies ya'll -

leaning towards grabbing McAvoy and Sergachev. DeAngelo is interesting, seems more volatile of an own, higher ceiling maybe. notable goalie prospects still out there are Sorokin, Shestyorkin, Samsonov

Since Goalie Prospects can take forever to turn in actual points I've generally focused on F/D and tried to trade for G when their value is more assured. With that said I couldn't close a deal for a G to replace Niemi all season so maybe my approach ain't working out hahah.

we do have an odd rule which will result in me losing two players at the draft, if i win this year (looks likely) I can only protect 4 players (Malkin, Kane, Panarin, Dubnyk) having roster-able players ready to swap in is helpful, hence hanging onto Bailey, Stastny, Jagr etc. But at this point FA players could be just as productive.
    14 team Keeper Points only - limited starting roster moves
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 3G
    C: Vilardi, Dvorak, Karlsson
    LW: Vrana, Hertl, Mangiapane
    RW: Kubalik, Point, Tuch
    D: Ty Smith, Hughes, Burns, Hronek
    G: Shesterkin, Varlamov, Vanacek
    BENCH
    Kakko, Turcotte, Sharangovich, Vilardi, Beckman, Perfetti, Lysell, Sillinger, McTavish
    Drysdale, Perunovich, R.Merkley, Fagemo
    Dostal