Thread: Big trade proposal for Karlsson. do or dont?!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Big trade proposal for Karlsson. do or dont?!

Hi guys, as per the title says, I realy want Karlsson and his owner wants the moon for it (obviously). Its for the league in my sig.

If I cant trade for him my keepers would be : FWD : Seguin / Benn / Eichel (or maybe Scheifele, still on the fence on this one) DEF: Hedman / Subban GOALIE : Murray

so I would be loosing as potential keepers : One of Eichel or Scheifele, Panarin, Shattenkirk, OEL, Jones and Bobrovski

So I want to try to package a deal for Karlsson because he's in the top 4 of most productive players (behind only Burns, McDavid and Crosby) in our league.

I proposed Benn + Subban + Bob VS Karlsson. I thought it was a great way to not loose one of my top 4 FWD and one of my good goalie for nothing and swap Subban for Karlsson. Letting me with these keepers instead : Seguin / Eichel / Scheifele / Karlsson / Hedman / Murray

But he would only accept if I give him Seguin instead of Benn and only if I add Shattenkirk to the deal so it would look like this : Seguin + Subban + Shattenkirk + Bobrovski VS Karlsson. Is it to much to give all of that for Karlsson?? It seems like alot but I dont care to much about BOB and Shattenkirk because I wouldnt keep them anyways (except the fact that I would probably be able to move them for picks in the offseason). I really like Seguin and that make me hesitate.. so its comming down to Seguin + Subban VS Karlsson.

Also, making this trade would give a good boost to the other owner's team and give him upgrade on 3 players out of 6 in his team and would look like this : Malkin / Seguin / Draisaitil / Subban / Shattenkirk / Bob

My keepers after this trade would look like this : Benn / Scheifele / Eichel / Karlsson / Hedman / Murray.

What do you guys think ? do the trade or not? Keep what I have and pass (loosing Eichel or Scheifele and Bob) ? Is Seguin really better than Benn or similar?? Giving the other GM that much could bit me back in the long run?

*Keep in mind that its a 5 year long league and the players would only be kept for the next 3 years

Any advices would be appreciated!

Thx

J.
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Big trade proposal for Karlsson. do or dont?!

Too much! Subban is playing a lot better since coming back from injury and will have a better year next year. (Hopefully!)

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Too much! Subban is playing a lot better since coming back from injury and will have a better year next year. (Hopefully!)
    Even if I loose half of the assets in the trade for nothing anyways? (Shattenkirk and Bob) . like you wouldnt do it if it was only Subban + Seguin vs Karlsson?

Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Legend

In a keep-6 format, your goal is to obtain quality over quantity, obviously. So, I don't care about trading 4-5 guys for a treasure piece.

Here's how I see it...

The "possible downgrade" from Seguin to Scheifele is...

Seguin (36G/42A/78P = 270 Fantasy) vs. Scheifele (32G/45A/77P = 263 Fantasy) ... -7 total

... and, the "possible upgrade" from Subban to Karlsson is...

Subban (14G/42A/56P = 238 Fantasy) vs. Karlsson (19G/55A/74P = 315 Fantasy) ... +77 total

Factoring both in, it's a +70 swing for Karlsson. Not to mention - outside of Burns - Karlsson and Hedman could be the best 2 D producers again next year.

I would make this deal in a heartbeat. Scheifele / Laine will be a better fantasy version of Seguin / Benn soon anyway. There will be a bunch of years where Scheifele straight up outproduces Seguin.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Instead of Scheif Id keep Panarin and do the deal

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane87 View Post
    Even if I loose half of the assets in the trade for nothing anyways? (Shattenkirk and Bob) . like you wouldnt do it if it was only Subban + Seguin vs Karlsson?
    My concern is 2014-216 season Seguin was a point per game player... and I think that the Stars all have a bounceback year... and I still see a 100 point season from Seguin in the near future... similar to Kane last year. If all things go well for the Stars Seguin could have a huge year next year. Thats just my gut feeling. I find it hard to trade away Seguin Subban for Karlsson.

Dobber Sports Veteran

You have to see it this way (and I think you already are):

Seguin + Subban vs Scheifele (or Panarin) + Karlsson

Definitely yes for me!
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    You have to see it this way (and I think you already are):

Seguin + Subban vs Scheifele (or Panarin) + Karlsson

Definitely yes for me!
    This.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

It's a yes for me. In limited keeper you want top end talent and it doesn't get much more top end than Karlsson.

Benn, Eichel, Schief/pana, Karlsson, Hedman, Murray > Benn, Seguin, Eichel, Suban, Hedman Murray

It's close but I'd do it as top end d are typically way harder to acquire in these types of formats (really there are only 2 top end d).

Typically I also like diversification in limited keepers, although you can make arguments both ways. But having 2 stars really hurts when they aren't producing or start slow like they did this year. Goes the other way when they are flying of course.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

thx all for your advices! I think I'll do it. I really like the idea of having 2 of the 3/4 top D in the league in my team and I'm comfortable with Benn / Eichel / Scheifele or Panarin as my 3 FWDs.

On that matter, some of you suggested that I take Panarin instead of Scheifele, would you mind explaining why?? I know BreadMan is very good but his numbers are a lower than Scheifele's.

Panarin : 26G 43A 69PTS in 77 GP (0,90 PPG)

Scheifele : 29G 48A 77PTS in 74 GP (1,04 PPG)

Seems obvious no?

thanks again