Thread: Aho transforming?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Aho transforming?

Before the deadline In one of my Dynasty leagues I traded Aho in a package that got me a Jaime Benn and Drew Doughty.

I'm still ok with the deal. But over the last month, regret has been creeping up on me.
    Aho was having a terrific rookie year. If it weren't for the other amazing rookies this year, Aho would be getting noticed more. But over the last month or so he seems to have taken yet another step forward.

Are we seeing the emergence of a GREAT, not good player? I was always very high on him. But I thought he may end up being a guy like Skinner, that scores a good amount, but for fantasy purposes his rank, avg and peripheral stats have kept him out of the top 100 in my leagues, and even outside the top 150 in some leagues.

But Ahos play of late has changed my view. I think he's turning into a special winger. It happens to be coinciding with Elias Lindholm breakout. I'd probably rather have Lindholm still because of his ceiling and production in peripheral stats. But I'm really getting upset I traded Aho and next season will likely try to get him back where possible. All though I'm expecting to have to pay a much higher price than when I first moved him.

But yea. I think Aho is showing some special talent and that opinion just keeps rising.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Aho transforming?

Too early to say, and for now you got the best players in the deal. So rest easy
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I don't think Aho will ever be as good as Benn... so I do not think you need to regret anything here!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Agree... I dont' see Aho ever reaching Benn's level. gotta remember all of Dallas is having a crappy year. I can't see Benn & Seguin & Klingberg repeating this season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Don't see Aho reaching Benn's level. He is playing very well and is being utilized on the PK and rounding out the rest of his game. On the high end I can see him as a Filip Forsberg type player and he could possibly do that next year but to be a 80-85 point getting seems to be a reach for him at this point but you never know.

The Great One

Aho is a stud.

Special player. Makes things happen from non-plays. Having an excellent NA debut season.

I have Aho in my keeper but I'd obviously trade him in a package to get Benn.

Try to get him back if he has a sophomore year next year. Or he doesn't and the price will be sky high.

The Great One

Even IF he hit the heights of Benn its at least a couple of seasons away and by then - with some more savvy moves you could have a couple of Championships so it's worth the long term loss (btw I don't think he ever gets there in peripherals)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

Haha. Thanks for talking me down. I'm happy with Benn yea. All though I'm losing so far in the finals. A sort of shock in my league. But it's mostly been Dubnyk and Lundqvist causing it. Damn tough weeks for both guys.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)