Thread: Sam Reinhart benched for the whole game

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Sam Reinhart benched for the whole game

Dam! I know this happened Anton Rodin earlier this season. Watched the game yesterday and didn't even notice lol

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/why-did-...ource=facebook

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Sam Reinhart benched for the whole game

Good! Rules are rules, no matter who you are or how much you get paid. I love the Bylsma call here. No player is bigger than the team. Loved that he dressed the guy for the whole game just to have him sit. Talk about making an example...!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Love this.. I guess that is one luxury of being eliminated from the playoffs and you can send the message loud and clear to the player.

I could not see Bylsma doing this if they were fighting for a playoff spot and needed him.

Dobber Sports Monster

at first i thought "wat an a-hole move i feel bad for reinhart"

then i remember he made what $44,725.61 (if you factor in signing bonus, performance bonus, nhl salary) in that game just for sitting there, best seat in the house.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Good! Rules are rules, no matter who you are or how much you get paid. I love the Bylsma call here. No player is bigger than the team. Loved that he dressed the guy for the whole game just to have him sit. Talk about making an example...!
    I think he would have just scratched him had he not been short a player (Okposo was ill so he needed to dress an extra player). I doubt his intention was to have him sit there, dressed, but not play.
    E. Kane did that last year (and way worst on other occasions) and he did not get that type of treatment from Bylsma:
    https://www.nhl.com/news/buffalo-sab...ce/c-278841360

All in all though, he definitely wanted to pass a message to the young Reinhart
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

I guess the next question is whether Byslma is there next season to see if the lesson was taken on board...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Eichel violated a team policy earlier in the year and he was removed from the powerplay but still played. Wonder what he did to get such a more relaxed penalty.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

I think Bylsma is there long-term. He is an excellent coach and is a huge reason why the team is relatively competitive. Look no further than Rasmus Ristolainen for the kind of impact Bylsma has had. He is there to stay.

I know all kinds of motivations factor into whether a player plays or not and this, after violating team rules.. But I have never been a fan of giving a free pass to stars, just because they are good players and you "need" them to win. The coach has to control an environment and has to set the rules. The minute you start treating people differently regarding those rules, based on only personal characteristics (i.e. not work ethic but talent or physical attributes), then in my mind you lose respect; win or lose.

I know one thing. I would rather lose with a team that works hard, plays by the rules and doesn't cheat me on effort an any time, on or off the ice, then win with a team that acts like the opposite.

Whatever the rule, bet ya Sam Reinhart doesn't do that again.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

What I've heard/read out of Buffalo suggests Bylsma won't be there next year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    What I've heard/read out of Buffalo suggests Bylsma won't be there next year.
    That would be a damn shame. He is such a good coach. Who are they going to find that is better?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    That would be a damn shame. He is such a good coach. Who are they going to find that is better?
    Gerard Gallant? Paul MacLean? Bob Hartley? Marc Crawford?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Gerard Gallant? Paul MacLean? Bob Hartley? Marc Crawford?
    I don't think any of those coaches are any better than Bylsma.. Hartley is a motivator who wears out his welcome.. Gallant I have always liked, but I don't think he's better than Bylsma. Resume speaks for itself, despite Gallant never having coached Crosby, but still... Paul McLean is meh to me too.. Crawford, no thanks. Of all of them, I think Buffalo stands a better chance to grow with Bylsma, though admittedly I don't follow the Sabres that closely and maybe they are sour on him for some reason. If Eichel and Okposo are healthy all year though, this team makes more noise than it did. I would preach patience with him. They need some stability somewhere.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin