Thread: Keep 1: Connor, Nylander, Barzal or ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keep 1: Connor, Nylander, Barzal or ?

One of the features of a Yahoo league I'm in is that we get to keep one player in our NA slot in addition to our nine keepers, as long as that player is NA eligible at the end of our season (next Sunday). I'm looking to grab one NA player and looking for advice on who is likely to have the highest upside for next season.

Players already owned are Puljujarvi, Dubois, Strome, and DeBrincat.
    12 Team H2H Keep 9; 2C 2RW 2LW 4D 1 Util 2G 4BN; G A PPP GWG +/- PIM SOG Hit Blks FOW W L GAA SV% SO

It's Yahoo, so my choices are a little limited (basically no KHL and few NCAA players). And the players have to be NA now, which means Boeser, Keller, and Kapanen aren't eligible.

Top options (as I see it, but open to suggestions from those on Yahoo).
    Connor
    A. Nylander
    Barzal
    Vrana
    Eriksson Ek
    Theodore
    Chabot

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keep 1: Connor, Nylander, Barzal or ?

Curious who your other keepers are.
    Connor, E EK and Theodore look like the most attractive options to me.
    With FOW Barzal could be tempting too though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Curious who your other keepers are.
    Connor, E EK and Theodore look like the most attractive options to me.
    With FOW Barzal could be tempting too though.
    Keepers will be nine of Kucherov, Pavelski, Eichel, Hall, Ehlers, Giroux, Subban, Werenski, Talbot, and Gibson.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Connor would be my choice, although it's difficult to say if he's going to be the best option next season. He very well could be but that's just so hard to predict right now. But I like his upside the most, so I'd keep him because of that.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Connor or Barzal for me.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would want to keep a skater over Gibson if you have a solid one. Unless you have 2 stud goalies, I wouldn't be wasting a keeper spot on one, and until Gibson proves he can be a number 1 and carry a seasons load, I wouldn't be investing.

That being said, you know your league best, and maybe your league places too much onus on goalies, especially when there's a 10-5 split there. I would expect Gibson should easily be redraftable while another keeper skater likely would not be.

Dobber Sports Ace

Kyle Connor is the guy you want to go with. He has been on fire since getting acclimated to the AHL.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Giant

Connor would be my pick from that list.

Outside of those names, Sergachev, Coreau and M. Subban can all come in and become an important part of their respective teams as early as next year.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay