Thread: ROS - Two claims remaining

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default ROS - Two claims remaining

Hey Guys,

In a points-only league (not the one in my signature) favouring goals (+1 for OTG, +1 for SHG, +2 for a Hat Trick), I'm currently 1st with an advance of 25 pts on the second.

I am tempted to claim Elias Lindholm (or Aho) off the waiver wire and drop Stepan or Perry...

This would leave me one last trade for the last 2 weeks of hockey. Trading Stepan would also give me three more games and trading Perry would give me two more games.

Would you do the move or keep the two last claims and wait to see what happens in the next days to be ready should any of my players get injured?

Thanks!
    16-Teams H2H Weekly
    Salary Cap
    (10 Keepers Bold)

Skaters: G (6pts - Forwards/8pts - Defensemen), A (5pts - Forwards/6pts - Defensemen), +/- (1pt), GWG (2pts), ShootoutG (1pt), ShootoutGWG (1pt)
    Goalies: W (12pts), GA (-1pt), SA (0.25pt), SHO (8pts)
    Salary Cap: 81,5M

C (3): Novak 0,75M, Hischier 7,25M, MacKinnon 12,6M,
    LW (3): B. Marchand 6,125M, Ovechkin 9,5M, A. Nylander 0,775M
    RW (3): Tolvanen 1,45M, K. Fiala 7,79M, Guenther 0,89M
    D (4): Boqvist 2,6M, R. Josi 9,06M, D. Toews 4,1M, Morrissey 6,25M
    G (1):I. Shesterkin 5,67M
    Bench: Zary 0,86M, Farabee 5M, Mateychuk 0,92M, Brink 0,93M, E.Lindholm 4,85M, Holtz 0,89M, DeAngelo 1,675M
    IR: Landeskog 7M, Hertl 8,14M

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: ROS - Two claims remaining

I would keep the last 2 claims here. If you were truly upgrading on your current players, then I might be inclined to do it, but as it stands, the talent gap/current trend is not enough to warrant these moves. I see you gaining some extra games here and there but are those games calculated based on the NHL teams playing or how the players fit in your roster on given nights? What I mean here is have you considered how the new players will fit into your roster during the next 2 weeks? Do you really gain some extra games or do you have to bench a current player to insert one of the new ones? Perry typically plays on off nights so I would want to keep him for sure.

If there are players like Lindholm and Aho to pick from, I'm sure there will be others in case the get picked up by the other manager should you need to make a move afterwards.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay