Thread: Lack vs Howard?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Lack vs Howard?

Thinkin I need a 3rd goalie for my finals matchup... I have Holtby and Smith; he has Price/Vasilevskiy/Talbot. Stats are W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.
    Lack and Howard are my best/only options.. Both are hot and I don't see a clear advantage schedule-wise. Or do I forego the extra goalie starts and just try to leverage the "extra" roster spot for a skater?? Our skater stats are very close YTD.
    Any input appreciated...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Lack vs Howard?

Welcome to the forums!!

First off, to get the fullest level of help from this community, it will help if you explain what type of league it is (Head to Head points, Head to Head Categories) and also which stats are counted in your league. Also, it helps to know if it is a daily, or weekly lineup that you set (which from your post I assume it is daily)

Without that information, I would initially suggest that adding Lack if you can get a few starts from him would be the best option. Carolina has a faint hope of making playoffs and will be playing strong hockey trying to make it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yes, welcome indeed. Do heed PenguinHunter's advice to maximize what you can get from this forum.

My vote is also for Lack.

Dobber Sports Titan

Welcome to the forums!

I personally like Carolina a touch better than Detroit right now, so that would be the tie breaker for me to go with Lack (though I think he will start less games that Howard)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Welcome to the forums. I like Lack as well.

Carolina is rolling and Detroit is in the middle of an unprecedented 3 straight games. Very rare. I expect at least one vs Carolina will be a dud.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Much appreciated!
    My league is a H2H Category setup, with Daily lineups. Deep: Cx4, LWx3, RWx3, Wx2, Fx2, Dx4, Ux2, Gx2, Bx3
    Skater cats are G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG,SH%,FW,Hits, and Blocks. Goalie cats listed above

Who are your other two goalies? Can they get you wins and and keep your peripherals down? If they can, I would use the open roster spot to stream a player to try and win the skater count categories that are close throughout the week.

- - - Updated - - -

And maybe stream in Lack when you know he is confirmed to start and hopefully get a win and some saves from him. My reasoning for this is there are a lot of skater categories ( G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG,SH%,FW,Hits, and Blocks) that you can try winning as many of those categories and try winning the goalie peripheral stats and still get the win.

12 player stats vs. 6 goalie stats... I want more skaters to try winning all the skating stats!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Who are your other two goalies? Can they get you wins and and keep your peripherals down? If they can, I would use the open roster spot to stream a player to try and win the skater count categories that are close throughout the week.

- - - Updated - - -

And maybe stream in Lack when you know he is confirmed to start and hopefully get a win and some saves from him. My reasoning for this is there are a lot of skater categories ( G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG,SH%,FW,Hits, and Blocks) that you can try winning as many of those categories and try winning the goalie peripheral stats and still get the win.

12 player stats vs. 6 goalie stats... I want more skaters to try winning all the skating stats!
    He has Holtby and Smith as per his first post. Streaming in Lack with a skater as well may be the best idea overall.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks all!
    Adding to my hesitation to just go for skater cats is that we're capped at 4 adds/week. So can only stream so much, and the league is so deep, there aren't many gems available on the wire. I trust Holtby/Smith to put up decent numbers (tho AZ has STLx2 then WAS and LA), but by volume alone he'll have Saves locked up if I don't add a 3rd..
    Any other thoughts?
    Thanks again -- been a long time lurker and really appreciate the last-minute help!

I would look at trying to add a player than you can work into the schedule for a couple games. say Monday Wednesday.. then drop him and add player for Thursday, then drop him and add a goalie that plays friday sunday type thing. Maximize the games played.

This tool will help you with that!

2016-2017 Same Night Tool