Thread: Hard choice. Keeper league - keep 1 of : Murray / Jones / Bob

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hard choice. Keeper league - keep 1 of : Murray / Jones / Bob

As the title says, I have a hard decision to make. Witch of Jones, Murray and Bobrovsky would you take as your goalie for the next 3 years. Scoring system is the league in my sig.

I kept Jones last year and he was good but not great. But now with Bob having a career year and Murray on the verge of stardom I really dont know lol..

Any advices would be appreciated.

Thx

J.
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Hard choice. Keeper league - keep 1 of : Murray / Jones / Bob

Murray, because Wins are the big category in your league and a team with Crosby and Malkin will put up wins for the next three years (as much as I hate to admit that!)

I don't like:

Jones - because San Jose is getting old and I think takes a step backwards after this year.
    Bobrovsky - Players only play well for Tortorella for so long, and Bobrovsky injury history has me thinking.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane87 View Post
    As the title says, I have a hard decision to make. Witch of Jones, Murray and Bobrovsky would you take as your goalie for the next 3 years. Scoring system is the league in my sig.

I kept Jones last year and he was good but not great. But now with Bob having a career year and Murray on the verge of stardom I really dont know lol..

Any advices would be appreciated.

Thx

J.
    For me it's still Jones.

Yes Bob had a career year, but check out how he followed previous career years (extensive injury or long bouts of less than stellar play)
    Murray is the shiny new toy indeed, but even he has proven to be somewhat of a BAB over his tenure to date.

Jones is undoubtedly a Stud and can handle the work load. This work horse has not shown the propensity for injury and this season, (the 2nd one after his first as a #1) could be considered somewhat of a sophomore adjustment (if you believe in that).

There's always a chance that Bob will NOT get hurt and is once again here to stay as a Vezina candidate, but I'm not betting my money on it.
    And there's also the chance that Murray is the next Price/Holtby considering who he plays for and quite likely no MAF in his way next year.

But I'll take the player who's proven to be a work horse, who can put up very good numbers on a very good team over a bunch of Hopeful factors.

Tough decision for sure, but that's who I'm putting my money on if I can choose only one.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd go with Murray here for a number of reasons:

1) Murray is a young goalie on one of the best teams in the East and the Pens will be a 100+ point team for at least 2-3 more seasons. The Pens will be at the top of the East/Metro for years to come. There is no question that Murray will get W's and maintain high SV% and low GAA with this team. His youth makes him a low injury risk in comparison to Bobrovsky - long injury history... (my last pick of your goalies). This fact makes him my #1 choice. Murray is not a 1st Tier goalie... however, with his supporting cast and youth, he could turn into a top 5 goalie behind Holtby and Price. Murray has the most upside here.

2) Jones is a great player... but not a 1st tier goalie either. (top of 2nd tier). I like Jones but I don't like the Sharks long term. I think they are a team in decline... It may take longer than a few years, but there is no question that the team as a whole is not as good as the Penguins. What happens in SJ when there is a leadership gap? No more Thornton/Marleau... I know that they are now longer the best players on that team... but they are still the veteran leadership of the team. Also, the Sharks play in the Pacific - Competing Anaheim, LA, and a stronger Edmonton team - no thanks

2) Bobrovsky is having a career year (again... remember, he won a Vezina a few years ago and how'd he respond then?). I know this is a different team with a different coach and my bet is that he'd still be a strong keeper next year. But still I'd place him in Tier 2 of my goalie choices. I know from watching Torts w/ the Rangers that he's very effective for a while... but his guys will hit a wall... and when they do, Columbus will suck. I have zero faith that they will be better next year than this year.
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Titan

I go Murray, but I would have no qualms about keeping Jones instead. Bob is third of these three options.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Murray for me - primarily as I think he's also your biggest trade chip
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

One guy has a vezina trophy in his back pocket and on pace to win his 2nd one in five years and still under 30 years of age. If this isn't a cap league, I'm going with Bobrovsky. He changed his training routines last off-season in order to help him stay healthy. It looks like it worked. Let's hope he keeps it up this off-season as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Murray for me as well. Then hopefully you could package a goalie with a forward for someone at the elite of the elite

The Great One

Axe - do you not worry about the Jackets ability to match this season again next? Their pp won them a lot of games early doors, and they won't go on a run like they did this season, every season? Personally I think the are prime candidates to regress IMO
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

wow, alot of diferent opinions..! I guess any of them could be a potential keeper but the majority seems to think Murray should be the one.
    I only have to make my choice a couple of weeks before next season so I'll see how the playoffs goes and how the goalie situation evolve in Pitsburgh. Maybe my choice will different at that moment...

thanks all for the great inputs!
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook