Thread: Semis or Finals; who got knocked out and who's still in?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Semis or Finals; who got knocked out and who's still in?

Hey all, just figured there is 1-2 weeks left for most pools and so hopefully many of you are probably still in the hunt for your league's championship title.

For myself, that ''dream'' ended yesterday evening after the Pens (Sid and Sheary in my case) came up short vs the desperate Flyers. I needed a goal or 2 assists from my 2 guys but it wasn't meant to be. Once that game was over and the matchup's result was set in stone, I texted the opposing manager and wished him luck for the finals. I then put my phone down and did this:

My wife came in the room and she was like ''What the hell is going on?!''

and I was just like:

Anyways, I think I'm over it now, but I'm curious to hear any of your stories (good or bad)!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Semis or Finals; who got knocked out and who's still in?

That's heartbreaking Bass.

Keeper league Im in made it to the finals thanks to Mason's win yesterday. Unfortunately up until that win I had no clue so I used all of my moves for scraps to hopefully pick up points. Now facing a guy who had his win locked up on Thursday, so his lineup is full tonight including Elliott and Allen.

Yearly league I had a bye so in the semis now. Should be a tight one.

Dobber Sports Sage

I won the regular season (big prize) by literally 1 fantasy point, it was super close with 4 in contention.

I start the semi finals for playoffs (smaller prize) tonight against the 13th ranked team who has pulled off a couple upsets already. He's led by Holtby and Toews so we'll see but I like the matchup overall. Lucky for me in this case that Stamkos hasn't returned yet... For 13th place his team Is daunting enough.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Superstar

I went into my matchup well behind and had an amazing Sunday. I added Lowry and Cogliano as last ditch efforts (because they played Friday/Sunday) and both had GWG's in their games. That combined with a great stat line in the Philly-Pens game gave me enough to advance.

Now I need Dubnyk and Talbot to get their games back this week.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

7 H2H leagues:
    1 team - Missed playoffs
    2 teams - Going into the third place game this week due to some disappointing goalie weeks
    1 team - In the semis this week as there's a late final round (pretty confident I can make it through)
    3 teams going into the finals this week (one of which made it through on the skin of the teeth of Wheeler and his PPPs this week - sorry 4T2)

All in all not too bad.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Keeper league Im in made it to the finals thanks to Mason's win yesterday. Unfortunately up until that win I had no clue so I used all of my moves for scraps to hopefully pick up points. Now facing a guy who had his win locked up on Thursday, so his lineup is full tonight including Elliott and Allen.

Yearly league I had a bye so in the semis now. Should be a tight one.
    Mason is going to be solid in the coming week(s) if the Flyers remain in the hunt. They totally manhandled the depleted Pens yesterday. Your upcoming matchup is not ideal with him having the 2 hot hands of Elliott and Allen, but in a weekly H2H, anything can happen! Fingers crossed my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I won the regular season (big prize) by literally 1 fantasy point, it was super close with 4 in contention.
    I start the semi finals for playoffs (smaller prize) tonight against the 13th ranked team who has pulled off a couple upsets already.
    Nice job on the regular season win MZac!! I hate playing those lower tier teams; you never know what to expect! Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I went into my matchup well behind and had an amazing Sunday. I added Lowry and Cogliano as last ditch efforts (because they played Friday/Sunday) and both had GWG's in their games. That combined with a great stat line in the Philly-Pens game gave me enough to advance.
    EPIC move LawMan! Ironically, someone in my 1-year league added Lowry and Zibanejad in a similar fashion. He ended up being 1 GWG shy of moving on...

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    7 H2H leagues:
    1 team - Missed playoffs
    2 teams - Going into the third place game this week due to some disappointing goalie weeks
    1 team - In the semis this week as there's a late final round (pretty confident I can make it through)
    3 teams going into the finals this week (one of which made it through on the skin of the teeth of Wheeler and his PPPs this week - sorry 4T2)

All in all not too bad.
    Not too shabby at all. In 4 leagues, you walk away with 1 bronze, 1 potential for gold but no guarantess on a medal yet and 1 potential for gold with bronze as the worst case scenario.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay