Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cannabis Day 2018

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Cannabis Day 2018

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya i totally forgot about most provinces being 18 for alcohol. i'm stuck in ontario frame of mind.
    Actually most provinces are 19...

You can count it off on the knuckles of your closed fist... start at the west for the first knuckle and hit every knuckle and dip as you go east...
    BC 19, AB 18, SK 19, MB 18, ON 19, PQ 18, Maritimes 19 (I believe this is still correct, learned it years ago)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Which state? I was reading about Colorado and while it hasn't been negative, it also has not been proven positive either. The jury is truly still out as far as I can tell. Too early to draw any real conclusions.
    Washington, the Evergreen State. Yes there are some kinks to be worked out, but those are relatively minor and will be dealt with as experience shows the way. There are always going to be the idiots who get stoned and drive, but those are the same idiots who get drunk and drive so I cant say thats necessarily a net negative. There was a stretch of armed robberies of pot shops early on but that has declined now that the business owners have invested in better security. It has to be an all cash business in the US due to the fact it is still an illegal substance in federal law. So the end of Canadian prohibition should go smoother as you dont have the threat of federal agents being ordered by the incompetent douchebag loser-failure Trump to shut down states rights to sell it so he can score some cheap points with the Jesus freaks down south, and you can learn from the errors the US states have made in their transitions.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    you dont have the threat of federal agents being ordered by the incompetent douchebag loser-failure Trump to shut down states rights to sell it so he can score some cheap points with the Jesus freaks down south,
    Don't sugar coat it Doug, tell us how you really feel

But yeah, having the feds legalize it is important for the previously mentioned banking reason. A while ago I was talking to a bank employee who had been involved in financing a medical grow op and he explained that the bank didn't even go on title of the collateral because they didn't want to risk federal laws. The feds say it is okay and the banks will play ball... hello VISA statements to make Cheech and Chong green with envy!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Washington, the Evergreen State. Yes there are some kinks to be worked out, but those are relatively minor and will be dealt with as experience shows the way. There are always going to be the idiots who get stoned and drive, but those are the same idiots who get drunk and drive so I cant say thats necessarily a net negative. There was a stretch of armed robberies of pot shops early on but that has declined now that the business owners have invested in better security. It has to be an all cash business in the US due to the fact it is still an illegal substance in federal law. So the end of Canadian prohibition should go smoother as you dont have the threat of federal agents being ordered by the incompetent douchebag loser-failure Trump to shut down states rights to sell it so he can score some cheap points with the Jesus freaks down south, and you can learn from the errors the US states have made in their transitions.
    I agree, there are some good things to come from it. There are also some very real challenges surrounding edibles, safe driving, the long term effects as kids grow up in a society that normalizes this (or other drugs like alcohol), and the existence of a black market. These are not small issues, and it remains to be seen if it's all going to be worth it. I suspect yes, but it's way too early in the process to know really.

Hard to say if it's going to be much better in Canada since provinces can really screw things up themselves, even it's legalized federally. Should be interesting to watch. Like I said, fix my roads and build schools with the money and I'll be very happy!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Have never touched the stuff but I say legalize it all and tax it through the roof. I don't mind better roads and services!
    Bingo!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."