Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Top 10 Offensive Draft Eligible Forward Prospects

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: My Top 10 Offensive Draft Eligible Forward Prospects

I thought Kostin would have been mentioned for his pure upside. Was thinking of picking him late like his situation with especially him coming over

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Where is this big upside for Kostin coming from? I only see recent Russian stats and he did next to nothing. I must be missing something.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    Where is this big upside for Kostin coming from? I only see recent Russian stats and he did next to nothing. I must be missing something.
    Read up:
    http://thehockeywriters.com/klim-kos...spect-profile/
    https://canucksarmy.com/2017/06/07/n...2-klim-kostin/

Ranked #1 Euro skater going into the draft (ahead of Pettersson, Andersson, Heiskanen, Necas, Liljegren, Veslainen) despite missing most of the year to injury.

Don't let his KHL stats distract from his potential - he only averaged 4:28 TOI in the K and was playing with the same shoulder issue he ended up having repaired.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

The Great One

Alright I said I would update after my draft...

We're talking strictly points only. Heres my final list.

1. Hischier
    2. Patrick
    3. Suzuki
    4. Glass
    5. Pettersson
    6. Mittelstadt
    7. Vilardi
    8. Tippett
    9. Yamamoto
    10. Chlapik

On the bubble:
    Tolvanen
    Necas
    Kostin

Sleepers:
    Lind
    Geekie
    Robertson
    Heponiemi
    Shaw
    Henry
    Norris

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    10. Chlapik
    Who's this? The only Chlapik I know of is from 2015 draft.

The Great One

Ahh, thats who it is... How did he sneak in my list here??

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Who's this? The only Chlapik I know of is from 2015 draft.
    Never question the self-proclaimed Guru. There must be another Chlapik that was eligible for the 2017 draft but wasn't drafted.

Dobber Sports Star

Now that my draft is done, I can also post freely.

The strongest age- and league-adjusted scoring of any junior player coming into the draft was Nick Suzuki... better than Hischier and better than Patrick. Admittedly, Patrick had injury issues that probably prevented him from putting in the string of games required to point at a high level, but the numbers speak.

So if you're looking for a player who likely could, a year from now, be worth considerably more than he is now... Suzuki is the guy to bet on.

The Great One

Did you end up drafting him? Where?

Dobber Sports Ace

I like Petterson and Suzuki as risers. Also a huge fan of (if we're talking sleepers) Heponiemi, but he is beyond tiny. I haven't seen him listed over 150lbs anywhere.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post

The strongest age- and league-adjusted scoring of any junior player coming into the draft was Nick Suzuki... better than Hischier and better than Patrick. Admittedly, Patrick had injury issues that probably prevented him from putting in the string of games required to point at a high level, but the numbers speak.

So if you're looking for a player who likely could, a year from now, be worth considerably more than he is now... Suzuki is the guy to bet on.
    In my 9 team points only league I drafted Suzuki 12th overall. I read before that he had the best advanced stats among all the other players in the chl and with the amount of balanced points (pretty even goals/assists ratio) he put up this year he seems like a no brainer. I wouldn't be surprised in a few years if he leapfrogs Glass as the teams top center (though i do think Glass is good too). Unrelated but for what it's worth Mittlestadt fell to me at 8th which was a nice surprise.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Did you end up drafting him? Where?
    Hell yes, I made sure I got him. I stretched traded to move up and took him at 6th... when I saw such a gap in proven numbers between him and the rest of the field, I saw no reason to risk chancing it and being stuck with someone else.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm glad I didn't blow your chances of getting him, I tried to keep quiet of this information. I've been trying to acquire him in all my leagues but unfortunately I still have him in only one league where I drafted him 9th overall (moved up from 10th to make sure I get him).

His numbers also look very good when compared to the top prospects from the past 10 drafts. He's right up there with former 1st overall picks like Hall and RNH, and ahead of guys like MacKinnon, Skinner and Duchene. When you add in his strong two-way game, he could be a very good player.

The Great One

Hell yes, I made sure I got him. I stretched traded to move up and took him at 6th... when I saw such a gap in proven numbers between him and the rest of the field, I saw no reason to risk chancing it and being stuck with someone else.
    Yeah I traded up from 16 to 12 and got him in my league.

We are both high on this kid so lets hope it works out for both of us.

Although a year older, Yamamoto had a pretty similar and very high NHLe as well.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is really interesting, so thanks for posting it, but I have some (not critical) questions:

- What's the reason for assuming this info (age and league-adjusted scoring) isn't "priced-in" to his value now?
    - Why, if this stuff is going overlooked or unknown now, would it not also go overlooked in a year?

I guess I'm just wondering what the reason is for a bit of hidden value now being more realized in a year's time, leading to anticipated appreciation? It's too late for me to draft him anyway, but with a rebuilding team I'm always looking to take advantage of this kind of stuff. Hope it doesn't come across as a grilling of your post.