Thread: Highest Upside - Broxton, Buxton, Mazara, Moncada, Puig, Bell, Profar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Highest Upside - Broxton, Buxton, Mazara, Moncada, Puig, Bell, Profar

Looking for highest upside for the end of the year, so doesn't really matter if they're still in the minors. Looking to dominate in power without killing my AVG with a little speed potentially.

Would you stash a high upside potential guy like Moncada, Broxton, Mazara, Buxton, Puig, J. Bell, Profar, Conforto

or at best would they likely give performance this year similar to some of these FA's:

R. Grichuk
    J. Pederson
    B. Miller
    V. Martinez
    L. Forsythe
    G. Bird
    C. Gomez

Also would you consider swapping any of my SP for J. Gray, Glasnow, I. Kennedy, Pomeranz, G. Gonzalez, Wacha, S. Wright, McHugh?

Hoping to dominate in W and K. Punting saves - I'm just holding onto Kelley rn because I think he'll eventually take the closer role and have high trade value in my league.
    G A PPP SOG +/- HIT BLK
    W SV GA SHO

C (2):
    E. Pettersson, M. Zibanejad
    LW (2): B. Tkachuk, M. Pacioretty
    RW (2): J. Guentzel, K. Kaprizov
    D (4): J. Carlson, R. Andersson, P. Subban, J. Hakanpaa
    G (2): K. Kahkonen
    BN (4): N. Ritchie, V. Olofsson, T. Hall, N. Suzuki, Z. Werenski
    IR (4): N. Kucherov

Keep 5 / 12 Team / Daily H2H Cats

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Highest Upside - Broxton, Buxton, Mazara, Moncada, Puig, Bell, Profar

G. Bird is the one I would take a chance on right now.
    Past him, Conforto, Moncada and Bell are likely the most appealing long term.

For pitchers, I would keep an eye on Glasnow, but I don't think I would add him over any of your current guys.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Highest Upside - Broxton, Buxton, Mazara, Moncada, Puig, Bell, Profar

For this yr, Moncada is going to be middle of that prospect pool. Bird I’d say is the top of the list especially with your 1B being Santana. Not a bad 1B by any means, but I’d say your weakest positional player (after catcher).

Bird is going to be in RBI and Run situations where everyone else is likely to be hitting 6-9, maybe Conforto hits 3 or 5.

If you’re punting saves, why have Kelley? Get a SP,RP guy like Nicasio, Bauer, Buchholz, or like Perdomo.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

I agree with Bird here. Doubt Moncada starts up with the ChiSox but if you have a NA stash then Id put him there.

As for SP....Jon Gray easily over Samardzija. I don't care where he plays.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    For this yr, Moncada is going to be middle of that prospect pool. Bird I’d say is the top of the list especially with your 1B being Santana. Not a bad 1B by any means, but I’d say your weakest positional player (after catcher).

Bird is going to be in RBI and Run situations where everyone else is likely to be hitting 6-9, maybe Conforto hits 3 or 5.

If you’re punting saves, why have Kelley? Get a SP,RP guy like Nicasio, Bauer, Buchholz, or like Perdomo.
    He explained that in the initial post saying he was keeping him for the trade value.
    I agree with Moncada being in the middle this year, but next year he should be at/near the top.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks everybody, dropped Kelley (no one was biting) for Bird.

Hoping I can upgrade C, would you rather Grandal / Molina over Castillo this year?

Also since it's H2H should I try to ship J. Ross? I like his stuff but I don't see as many IP so wondering what the chances are he'll be in the rotation by playoff time.

Dobber Sports Pro

Broxton and bird are the two best. Moncada ultimately by year end may be it.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall