Thread: anders bjork

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default anders bjork

thoughts on this kid..having a good frozen four tourny so far...can his game translate to nhl..drafted by bruins
    16 team H 2 H keeper league
    keep 13 any position
    20 prospects (under 120 games)

C - Aho, Larkin, Kopitar
    LW- Laine, Teravainen, Kubalik
    RW- Kucherov, Meirer, Hoffman
    D - Josi, Karlsson
    G- Vasilevsky, Lehner

G, A, STP, GWG, SOG, PIMS, HITS +BLOCKS
    W, SO, SV%, SAVES

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: anders bjork

from what I've been reading up on him, he seems almost identical to danton heinen. mid-round pick of the bruins (Bjork was 5th round, heinen I believe 4th round), upside to be top 6 offensive-minded wingers. the bruins have a ton of good-but-not-elite forward prospects, so there's a lot of other prospects Bjork would have to go through, but he's definitely got the talent. he's a big reason why I picked notre dame to go the frozen four in the prediction thread I started last week.

The Great One

Training Camp Update.

Anders Bjork looks very comfortable in the right wing spot with Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand.

Obviously it?s very early and the preseason games will tell us a lot more of the tale, but the 21-year-old Bjork doesn?t look like he wants to give up that ideal top-6 spot paired with one of the NHL?s best combos. Bjork?s speed and instincts appear to work very well with No. 37 and No. 63 on the attack where they can fore-check and force defenses into turnovers and mistakes, and they have looked very effective as a three-man unit passing, working and moving without the puck in the offensive zone. Sometimes it can be a challenge for a young right wing to find their own niche playing off the time-earned chemistry between Bergeron and Marchand, but that doesn?t appear to be much of a problem for the former Notre Dame standout. You could see all of that in some of Boston?s captain?s practices prior to formal training camp as well.

Clearly Bjork is going to have to win the job during the preseason slate of games if he hopes to be this year?s rookie sensation like Brandon Carlo was last fall in training camp, but he?s one forward prospect off to a good start.
    Bostons first preseason game:

Gabrielle-Nash-Acciari

Beleskey-Spooner-Bjork

Schaller-Cave-Senyshyn

Agostino-Studnicka-Porter

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bjork looks like the real deal. If he's available in any keeper leagues I'd snatch him up as quick as possible. Boston has a surprising amount of forward depth in prospects: DeBrusk, Heinen, Senyshyn, Gabrielle, Cehlarik, etc.
    But Bjork looks like he is going to surpass them all and very well could land in a top-6 role as soon as this year.
    Creator of the NHL Rank King iPhone app.

Dobber Sports Genius

Sounds like via twitter he is in the top 6 leading into the season. LW as per NHL.com. Might very well be worth a snag in later rounds where positions matter.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Sounds like via twitter he is in the top 6 leading into the season. LW as per NHL.com. Might very well be worth a snag in later rounds where positions matter.
    Or grab him and trade him to the Boston fan in your league. Managed to draft Bjork and trade him for 2 first round picks...

One way or another, I'd stash him in a farm team for this year. Players coming off the college ranks often hit a wall trying to adapt to the longer NHL schedule.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Sage

Picked him up in my 12-team 50-man league. Surprised no one else put in a claim.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

you guys think he will put in a full season? very important to know in my upcoming drafts! thanks

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    you guys think he will put in a full season? very important to know in my upcoming drafts! thanks
    Potatoeman had a great point about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    Players coming off the college ranks often hit a wall trying to adapt to the longer NHL schedule.
    Most likely he will hit a wall at some point. Do they send him down when that happens or let him figure things out at the NHL level? I have no idea.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Potatoeman had a great point about that.
    Might be best to stay away from rookies all together in my 1 year league that are not named Keller, Hischier, (maybe) Patrick.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Might be best to stay away from rookies all together in my 1 year league that are not named Keller, Hischier, (maybe) Patrick.
    Most of the time that is true. Even the very good rookies end up with 40-45 points which is very easily found elsewhere. Often times, Calder Trophy is won with about 55 points, and very rarely it requires 60+ points.