Thread: [Signing] Yotes sign Clayton Keller to ELC

Dobber Sports Sage

Default [Signing] Yotes sign Clayton Keller to ELC

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: [Signing] Yotes sign Clayton Keller to ELC

yes! the great one has arrived! man i cant wait to see wat this kid will do in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    yes! the great one has arrived! man i cant wait to see wat this kid will do in the NHL.
    You and me both! He's joining the Coyotes immediately so it won't be long before we get to see what he's made of.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

Yessss!

We may have to temper our expectations a bit, he will definitely put on a show but it will take him some time to get used to playing against NHL players.

I'm stoked too, though.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Yessss!

We may have to temper our expectations a bit, he will definitely put on a show but it will take him some time to get used to playing against NHL players.

I'm stoked too, though.
    yeah, am not expecting anything for him for this season anyways. next year could be used as a learning curve season but the future looks bright for this kid

Dobber Sports Ace

I hope he does as little as possible this year.

It would suck for the hype train to start rolling this early. I'd like to draft him as a sleeper next season.

Does anyone want to throw out an early projection for Keller in 17'-18'. If he is really as talented as many say he is (and he looks impressive from what I've seen) he shouldn't have that much trouble climbing up the depth chart in Arizona.

Would you take him over the following?

Mantha
    Buchnevich
    Bjorkstrand
    Aho
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    I hope he does as little as possible this year.

It would suck for the hype train to start rolling this early. I'd like to draft him as a sleeper next season.

Does anyone want to throw out an early projection for Keller in 17'-18'. If he is really as talented as many say he is (and he looks impressive from what I've seen) he shouldn't have that much trouble climbing up the depth chart in Arizona.

Would you take him over the following?

Mantha
    Buchnevich
    Bjorkstrand
    Aho
    depends if you're contending or not i believe. If my team is contending i take Aho over Keller, if not I take Keller over Aho. Keller is better prospect than Mantha, Buchie, Bjork imo. Im going to jot Keller down for GP 75 G 12 A 22 PTS 34. Not expecting too much right now since he is so young and could take some time adjusting to the NHL game.

Dobber Sports Pro

50+ points for Keller next year by my reckoning. He is mentioned in the same breath as Kane, Gaudreau and Marner for a reason.

Dobber Sports Titan

Next season I think I would still have Mantha and Aho ahead of him. Long term definitely over all of them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Don't undersell the adapting year for him... That and the others have already gone through it. Also Phoenix's ability to surround him with talent is limited right now so pencil me intrigued but I think he's a few years away from being touted in the same bracket as those he is being compared to but that's just me
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Keller has mostly played center so far but will most likely transfer to wing in the NHL. Some players need a lot of time to make that transition. Not sure if that's the case with Keller but definitely something to consider for next season. Most prospects cannot jump right in to the NHL and score 50+ points.

Dobber Sports Pro

No, most cannot. In fact the only guys I have projected to break 50 in their rookie year recently are McDavid, Eichel, Panarin, Matthews, Laine, Marner and now Keller.