Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buchnevich vs Boeser

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Buchnevich vs Boeser

Who do you prefer in a points only dynasty?
    G=1 point
    A=1 point

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Buchnevich vs Boeser

Boeser for me. Might be on a crap team but I think he's the more talented of the two and will find a way to produce.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Boeser for me as well.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Boeser for me too.

Dobber Sports Monster

Buchnevich for me. Boeser just came off his league debut and scored a goal now everyone is drinking the Boeser cool-aid.

Mark my words Buchnevich will become a 70 pt producer in the NHL. He did have injury issues but that was related to not having a strong core and he has worked with the trainers to strengthen his core so his back wont be giving him problems.

Boeser is good don't get me wrong but Buchnevich has been averaging a MEASLY 13:15 per game and is producing at a 46 pt/82 game pace.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Buchnevich for me. Boeser just came off his league debut and scored a goal now everyone is drinking the Boeser cool-aid.

Mark my words Buchnevich will become a 70 pt producer in the NHL. He did have injury issues but that was related to not having a strong core and he has worked with the trainers to strengthen his core so his back wont be giving him problems.

Boeser is good don't get me wrong but Buchnevich has been averaging a MEASLY 13:15 per game and is producing at a 46 pt/82 game pace.
    Didn't you say the same thing about Andreas Athanasiou as well? Are you still confident with that projection?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Didn't you say the same thing about Andreas Athanasiou as well? Are you still confident with that projection?
    i dont remember saying Athanasiou was going to be a 70 pt forward. i said he was very underrated and can be a top line player. still to be seen and is looking very well this past year. all while averaging a dismal 13:33 icetime on a terrible team where almost all players have had down years with the exception of Zetterberg

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont remember saying Athanasiou was going to be a 70 pt forward. i said he was very underrated and can be a top line player. still to be seen and is looking very well this past year.
    Well, here's the exact quote:

no. i disagree. i think he can be a 65-70 pt player year in and year out. Kid is a little firecracker and has a lot of heart. They are making him fight tooth and nail for what little minutes he gets.

Dobber Sports Monster

Well, here's the exact quote:
    screen shot or didnt happen

Dobber Sports Stud

i'll take boeser. I see him as a max pacioretty close. most seasons will hover around 30 goals and 30 assists, with upside of 40 goals. I don't see buchnevich being a consistent 60 point player, especially with the forward depth the rangers have. but even if he was moved to another team, I can't see 60 points consistently, let alone upside for 40 goals. not even close to that upside.

Dobber Sports Wizard

screen shot or didnt happen
    Haha, you make too many crazy projections when you can't even remember all of them. I'll do one better and provide the direct link to that post of yours: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...93#post1635193

Dobber Sports Monster

Haha, you make too many crazy projections when you can't even remember all of them. I'll do one better and provide the direct link to that post of yours: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...93#post1635193
    no proof it was actually me writing it personally or if someone got ahold of my laptop and wrote that for me because i dont remember saying that. i remember drinking the anthanasiou cool aid - still am but time will tell with AA...hes flying around in todays game .... maybe he will get the game winner

Dobber Sports Wizard

no proof it was actually me writing it personally or if someone got ahold of my laptop and wrote that for me because i dont remember saying that. i remember drinking the anthanasiou cool aid - still am but time will tell with AA...hes flying around in todays game .... maybe he will get the game winner
    Yeah, I think your Athanasiou coo-aid may have been spiked.

Back to the original topic, I prefer Boeser but I don't see huge difference between the two. I think both can be around 60-65 points in their prime. When I think there's similar upside, I prefer the guy who is not Russian.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Boeser has been considered one of the best prospects outside the NHL for a while now, so I don't think the general consensus here has anything to do his his NHL debut last night. I voted for Boeser even as a Buchnevich owner in one of my leagues, and I don't own Boeser in any (although I'd love to).

Dobber Sports Monster

not one to toot my own horn here but i just had to

good golly miss molly look who got the game winner in the Detroit vs Minnesota ....

but as for boeser we will see, boeser will have the easier time getting ice time no doubt but maybe it will work out for Buchnevich for having more support and being sheltered a little bit to work on his game. Will see