Thread: Matt Murray against the Flyers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Matt Murray against the Flyers

While Murray has been very good to start his young career....and I'm just going by memory here with nothing empirical to back it up, it seems like the guy just cannot beat the Flyers...I haveta think Murray owners don't dare start him tomorrow...thoughts?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Matt Murray against the Flyers

I would not suggest it is just Murray. It's Pittsburgh. Philly just seems to have their number over the past few years.

I would atart murray unless you have a better option. Flyers have little to play for.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would start Murray too. Flyers are awful on the road and probably feel crushed after that Bobrovsky performance yesterday

Dobber Sports Sage

This is about as tough of a back to back as you're going to get in the NHL for Philly. I'd start Murray with confidence here.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Initiate

guess it's not a second guess if I guessed it right the first time. You see it in every sport...whether it's a great pitcher who has trouble against a bad hitter historically...but, for this season at least, it just seems like Murry cannot beat the Flyers. And it's not like he's losing close games to them...they run him out of every game. crazy stuff.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    guess it's not a second guess if I guessed it right the first time. You see it in every sport...whether it's a great pitcher who has trouble against a bad hitter historically...but, for this season at least, it just seems like Murry cannot beat the Flyers. And it's not like he's losing close games to them...they run him out of every game. crazy stuff.
    Well to be fair....MAF is their other option lol.

I can't believe they lost. Philly is AWFUL on the road. But it punched my ticket to the final.