Thread: Is Werenski's production sustainable?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Is Werenski's production sustainable?

Everything that I've read about him has praised his poise and play, but I never watch the Blue Jackets. For those that watch him regularly, does he pass the eye test to go along with the points? Do you see him progressing on this year?
    14 Team | Keep 5 | H2H Weekly Lock
    Start: 2 x C, LW, RW | 4 x D | 1 x G

Scoring System:

+/- (0.5), G (3), A (2), PIM (0.25), PPG (1), PPA (1), SHG (2), ShG (1), BLK (0.1), HIT (0.1), GWG (1), HT (2)
    W (5), SHO (3), S (0.2), GA (-1), ShSv (0.2)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Is Werenski's production sustainable?

He is the real deal. I doubt he experiences the same 2nd year struggles that the Ghost did.
    WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER! (2006, 2011, 2015)
    Yahoo! Limited Keeper (Keep 1C, 1LW, 1RW, 1D, 1G annually; no player is permitted to be protected as a keeper for a period longer than three consecutive years) 10-team H2H League/Daily Starts (# in brackets)
    Centre (2): Scheifele, Seguin, Toews
    Right Wing (2): Laine (LW/RW) Lindholm (C/RW), Gallagher
    Left Wing (2): Tkachuk, Mantha (LW/RW), Lee, Gusev
    Defense (4): Ristolainen, Doughty, Gustafsson, Gostisbehere, Byfuglien
    Utility (1): Haula (C/LW)
    Goalie (2): Andersen, Dubnyk, Raanta
    IR:
    Skater Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIMS, SOG, FOW, Hits, BKS
    Goalie Stats: W, SV%, GAA, SO

Dobber Sports Ace

I, too, have no concerns about him. However, as the Ramblings pointed out a few days ago, the Blue Jackets have sort of levelled off, and come back to where I believe their production to be, in comparison to the white hot first half of the season that they had. All this is to say that he see him in the 45-50 points next year, rather than jumping up to 60 points. Nothing wrong with that. He has 60+ potential for me.

Dobber Sports Stud

he is the real deal. he'll be one of the top offensive dmen in the league very soon. as mentioned above, not 60 points next year, but one day, yes, he should get there.
    and I agree with markpiel, he won't struggle like ghost did this year - he's a much better dman and I would have traded ghost to get werenski before the season even started!

Dobber Sports Monster

He might regress a slight tad in production next year. Columbus as a whole has had UP years

take a look at

Sergei Bobrovsky
    Cam Atkinson
    Nick Foligno
    Alex Wennberg
    Sam Gagner
    Seth Jones
    Zach Werenski

all have had UP years. you would think a correction is due, werenski although very very skilled i think the team as a whole will score less goals and overall production will be down a tad.

i got him down for: GP 82 G 10 A 36 PTS 46. as of today he is on pace for 52 pts if he played 82 game season....so a SLIGHT regression but i dont think he will build off this season he had right out of the gates especially since he's been cooling off some lately