Thread: Who to keep going into offseason

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to keep going into offseason

Team in sig...

What I want to know is who my top 10 are, who to trade in off season, and who NOT to trade but attempt to redraft.

I'm torn on Barrie/Ekblad

I believe someone like Duchene/Reinhart are two great candidates to try and trade.

Think I will try to redraft Mrazek in hopes that he can get back to his previous form. Same goes for Schenn who is a beast with his peripheral stats, he needs to clean up his +/- next year tho. Rakell will be a target on the redraft list too, he's going to be around 35 goals this year.

Finally do you think with I should go for it next year or I'm still a year or two away from competing?
    12 Team Rotto Keeper League (Keep 10)

Positions: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G, 5 extra
    Player Stats: G, A, Points, Hits, Blocks, SOG, PPP, SHP, Corsi
    Goalie Stats: GAA, SV%, SV, SO, Wins

Center: Matthews
    Right: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Pastrnak
    Left: Gaudreau
    Defense: Chabot, Letang, Provorov
    Goalies: Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who to keep going into offseason

1) I like Ekblad here, but whoever you can get more in return for I would be happy trading. I would also be happy trading both and keeping Klefbom who I really like.
    2) I wouldn't advise trading Reinhart, and wait on Duchene until he gets traded or Colorado makes a more that makes everyone think it can save Duchene.
    3) Never hurts to plan as though you're going to compete. If you need to reassess mid-season, then so be it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

If you're not keeping Rakell, then package him with Barrie or Ekblad for a d-man upgrade. As for deciding between Barrie or Ekblad, offer either one to your trading partner and just settle on that.

To be frank, you are likely not close enough to go for it next year. In fact, your window might be more like 2-3 years away, but by then your team could be INSANELY good.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

I like the forwards you picked.

I think I would keep Barrie over Ekblad.

In net I think you really should look to swing a deal for a second goalie behind Vasilevskiy. I think Hellebuyck's value is up in the air as the Jets may look to grab a 1B to work with him. I think if you can get that 2nd goalie theres no reason to think you can't compete right now. Even a middle of the pack goalie with a safe job seems like a decent upgrade over Helle, but I guess wait as long as you can in the summer before making the final decision.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sophomore

thanks for the great feedback. A couple weeks ago when Klefbom had a really good month I was thinking about how to keep him and if he's turning a corner with Edmonton. I wonder what the perceived value between him, Barrie and Ekblad in my league are...I do think Ekblads stock has dropped and would be able to redraft him, just do not want to risk losing him because I think he could be the next Hedman in a few years.
    12 Team Rotto Keeper League (Keep 10)

Positions: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G, 5 extra
    Player Stats: G, A, Points, Hits, Blocks, SOG, PPP, SHP, Corsi
    Goalie Stats: GAA, SV%, SV, SO, Wins

Center: Matthews
    Right: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Pastrnak
    Left: Gaudreau
    Defense: Chabot, Letang, Provorov
    Goalies: Vasilevskiy, Binnington