Thread: Help with 1st round Pick

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Help with 1st round Pick

Need some help with the 3rd overall pick in next week's draft.
    Stats:
    10 team, keep7, H2H
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, SV+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Corner Infield (1B/3B), Middle Infield (2B/SS), 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P, 3BN, 2DL

My keepers:
    Donaldson (3B), Rizzo (1B), Correa (SS), Cespedes (OF), Darvish (SP), Arrieta (SP), Chapman (RP)

Top Batters available in the draft:
    Hanley Ramirez (1b, 59), Kinsler (2b, 63), Kemp (64, OF), Dee Gordon (2b, 66), LeMahieu (2b, 83), Jean Segura (2b,SS, 86)
    Top Pitchers:
    Lester (39, SP), Archer (60, SP), Tanaka (71, SP), Carrasco (74, SP), Carlos Martinez (76, SP), Cole (82, SP)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Help with 1st round Pick

Lester, and then target Lamehieu with your next pick IMO.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I just noticed. Picks 1 and 2 are by the same team, and he kept 7 batters. So highly likely 2 of Lester, Archer, and Tanaka are taken before it gets to me.

The guy who picks 1 and 2 also has 3 picks in the 2nd round, and again 2 of the picks are 1,2 in round 2 (when i pick 3)

The Wolverine

If Lester and Archer go, if you were going for a pitcher I'd be tempted to choose Carlos Martinez. Good age and likely heading into his prime.

Though, positional need aside, I love Hanley in this format. I imagine he could be frustrating in H2H if he misses time here and there, but it doesn't seem too deep a league that you could survive replacing him if he's injured. Furthermore, you have 12 hitters to 9 pitchers starting - lock down those hitters when the good ones are there. I wonder if you could nab pitching later on. LeMahieu or Segura are also solid options to fill your 2B need. (*I assume 2b for Segura, as it's down as 'sb' for his position).

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    If Lester and Archer go, if you were going for a pitcher I'd be tempted to choose Carlos Martinez. Good age and likely heading into his prime.

Though, positional need aside, I love Hanley in this format. I imagine he could be frustrating in H2H if he misses time here and there, but it doesn't seem too deep a league that you could survive replacing him if he's injured. Furthermore, you have 12 hitters to 9 pitchers starting - lock down those hitters when the good ones are there. I wonder if you could nab pitching later on. LeMahieu or Segura are also solid options to fill your 2B need. (*I assume 2b, but it's down as sb for his position).
    LOL, i always do this too in typing. 2 is s and i have another one where i randomly switch a number for a letter. I updated the original post. Top end Middle Infielders are key, just because they are so shallow and every team needs to hold 3 (2B, SS, MI) so the top 30 are rostered.

Would targeting Segura (SS,2B) and LeMehieu (2B) be the prime thing to try with my first 2 picks?

Dobber Sports Titan

You could. I would still look to grab Martinez with the first pick if the other 3 pitchers you mentioned are gone.
    Then you can look at infielders with the next two picks.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)