Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me get Arvidsson!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Help me get Arvidsson!

You've all been super helpful with my most recent trades and would love the input on what I should try and do to acquire Arvidsson.

The manager who has him has been very stingy with moving him (and for good reason) since he is producing 27fppg and hasn't really cooled off. Trade deadline in our league is this Sunday and I would ideally like to acquire him before then.

I was thinking of moving Duchene for him in a bundle deal but with the lack of production coming from Duchene it'll be a hard sell plus I'm hoping that he is traded in the offseason and could possibly turn things around.

He's in need of defense, I can tell you that much and he sits in 2nd to last place in our conference so he's likely in a "rebuild" mode. What could I offer him that would be a solid trade for both parties and that would ideally get me Arvidsson?

Here's his team (w/ the salary cap hit per player)

F: Arvidsson (631K), Blandisi, (648K), Caggiula (925K), Hayes (2.6M), Hyman (900K), A. Lee (3.75M), Quine (612K), B. Ryan (7.25M), Stepan (6.5M), Stone, (3.5M), Strome (2.5M), Vatrano (725K), Beleskey (3.8M), Ennis (4.6M), B. Gaunce (863K), Khaira (875K), Wood (925K)
    D: Brodin (4.16M), B. Davidson (1.425M), de Haan (1.96M), Nutivaara (817K), Oleksiak (918K), Vlasic (4.25M), J. Morrow (800K), Zadorov (894K)
    G: Talbot (4.16M), Domingue (1.05M), Rask (7M), Markstrom (1.55M)

Arvidsson and Vatrano I really like but he won't part with them for cheap. If you guys could assist in any way, that would be amazing!

Thanks!
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Default Re: Help me get Arvidsson!

I'd say if he'd hear you on Duchene, that would be an acceptable level of risk to take. Arvidsson is a '93, so you've still got the youth in him - quite easily just a late bloomer without the pedigree that Duchene has. With all of the hype carlo's been getting in the NHL world, he might be a defenceman that you can dangle with inflated fantasy value - I don't think he's a big offensive guy in the future. That might not get you both of those guys for sure, but I think it'd be a fair starting point from your perspective.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    I'd say if he'd hear you on Duchene, that would be an acceptable level of risk to take. Arvidsson is a '93, so you've still got the youth in him - quite easily just a late bloomer without the pedigree that Duchene has. With all of the hype carlo's been getting in the NHL world, he might be a defenceman that you can dangle with inflated fantasy value - I don't think he's a big offensive guy in the future. That might not get you both of those guys for sure, but I think it'd be a fair starting point from your perspective.
    So maybe go with a Duchene+Carlo for Arvidsson and Vatrano? Test that out and then go from there?

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

I would be comfortable with that as a starting point, with a little wiggle room - My strategy is usually that if he wants to wiggle too much then I wiggle right back. Vatrano is a solid piece for the Bruins too and I think you're getting a lot more value there than with Carlo.

Duchene
    Arvidsson
    Vatrano
    Carlo.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

I would be comfortable with that as a starting point, with a little wiggle room - My strategy is usually that if he wants to wiggle too much then I wiggle right back. Vatrano is a solid piece for the Bruins too and I think you're getting a lot more value there than with Carlo.

Duchene
    Arvidsson
    Vatrano
    Carlo.
    Yeah I would agree with that, Duchene and Arvidsson are close but if I can squeeze out Vatrano for Carlo that would be ideal. His d is just lacking really badly and I am obviously not moving OEL, Shatty, or Klef

Minors:

Duchene
    Arvidsson
    Vatrano
    Carlo.
    His response was that he would rather have Arvidsson's upside then take a risk on Duchene (since he's still with the Avs) and Vatrano is over Carlo. He hasn't sent a counter trade so not sure what he wants to do. I think the Duchene piece is still a solid return, and I get where he's coming from but it's likely that he'll be moved to a better team anyways.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd ask him what he wants but I have feeling it will be really far apart. But you don't know until you ask.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'd ask him what he wants but I have feeling it will be really far apart. But you don't know until you ask.
    I've asked, but all he says is that he wants draft picks and/or prospects and that he would look at players on my team but won't pay premium prices for veterans on the down turn. Which honestly, I don't really have veterans on the down turn at this time.

Sort of at a loss.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm wondering if Myers would still hold enough upside for him to nibble too. I like the idea of the Duchene and Carlo combo, those are probably your best chips when dealing with this guy.
    Lindholm is another one I would try to move, because I think he's overpaid and overhyped for fantasy purposes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm wondering if Myers would still hold enough upside for him to nibble too. I like the idea of the Duchene and Carlo combo, those are probably your best chips when dealing with this guy.
    Lindholm is another one I would try to move, because I think he's overpaid and overhyped for fantasy purposes.
    He doesn't seem to care too much for Carlo, just would rather have Vatrano since he sees him as the better prospect, which is true. I wouldn't mind moving Carlo but I might have to add more to the deal to get him to budge.

I could dangle Myers out there but the injury is a tough sell although Myers was getting 27fppg before the injury, however that's sending him $11M in cap for <$2M.

Maybe Duchene+Carlo/Lindholm+Draft Pick (I have a 1st round and a 3rd round that I can throw at him) for Arvidsson+Vatrano? He does have $21M in cap space available so it's not like he can't take the additional load. I would offer Myers but just not sure if he'd like to take on the IR right now.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

If he's rebuilding then the IR bit shouldn't matter.
    Give him a few options and see what he goes with.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Gave him 3 options:

Duchene+Lindholm+3rd for Arvidsson+Vatrano
    Duchene+Carlo+3rd for Arvidsson+Vatrano
    Duchene+Myers for Arvidsson+Vatrano

I can almost predict that all 3 will be declined. He's tough to work with and doesn't really give you options in return, just declines and then says nothing or tells you what he thinks about your players you were trying to trade him and how they aren't close to what he has and then you won't hear from him.

I won't try after this round of trades goes.

Minors:

As expected, each trade was declined with no explanation. So I am not even going to try anymore because he isn't helpful by any means.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Stud

Take some crap salary back too. Ryan
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Take some crap salary back too. Ryan
    He just messaged me saying "I apologize if I lead you to believe that Duchene is the main piece. I would consider taking him but don't want him to be the center piece"

Not sure how I can counter, since he's still not telling me who he'd have interest in. Might just move on.

Minors: