Thread: Need big time playoff help! Will Rep

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Need big time playoff help! Will Rep

Current match up below. I am taking him in all points categories. I am confident I will maintain A,PTS and PPP. Goals are still very much up in the air as well as +/-. He's dominating me in hits/pims and with guys like Matt Martin on his team I am done chasing those cats.

Our goalie stats are super close and could be the match breaker. I lucked out having Howard and Schiender playing rare good games for me. We both need one more goalie start he has Andersen and Anderson. I am not sure if Andersen is playing tonight vs Columbus or tomorrow vs NJ. Hopefully tonight. I have Scheinder whos potential match ups are Toronto, Carolina or Dallas. Then I have Howard who has either Tampa or Minny. Do I be selective with these goalie starts for my last one? Or do I keep rolling the first game and wait and see. I suppose if Andersen starts tonight and get's lit up then I can be more choosy but if he plays well I guess I will have to roll my goalies and try and take wins/hopefully they have another stellar night.

The second question is I have 5 more pick ups this week. I could drop Iggy who won't get back in my lineup until Saturday for one of the following today. Would you drop him for a spot start of any of the following players? If so who? I need G,A,PTS, SOG and +/-?

Jimmy Vesey
    Josh Ho-Sang
    Jack Johnson
    Cal Clutterbuck
    Ryan Strome
    Zach Hyman
    Brian Boyle
    Oscar Lindberg

Current playoff match up.JPG
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Need big time playoff help! Will Rep

I think G and SOG is your biggest target. +/- is impossible to plan for, but if you pick up a couple high SOG guys, then you may also be surprised with a few goals.
    Probably easiest for you to then sort through the guys available by SOG, and go from there. Look for the teams with 3 games left this week, especially Pittsburgh who has 3 games left and none on the jam packed Saturday slate.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I like Howard as a goalie option. Tough call on Iggy vs. those also-rans. I like EB's point about the Pens. Is Matt Cullen owned? He's been skating with Kessel and Hornqvist, although one of those two likely now will end up with Crosby due to Guentzel's injury.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

You have a good plan with your goalie situation. Hope Anderson starts tonight and is mediocre then assess things. If he's really good tonight and they win you gotta roll what you have.

Vesey is your best shooter on the list above and plays tonight so I'd scoop him (unless there are better shooters available). Roster all your goal scorers obviously. I agree that plus/minus is a crap shoot so focus on shots (which is your best way to ultimately lead to goals as well). Good luck!
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):