When I selected Klingberg for this week's Cage Match (http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...ugie-hamilton/) I figured the data would show that, at worst, he was in a temporary lull. After all, no defenseman in over 10 years had played 125+ games while averaging 0.65+ points per game in his first two seasons. But let's just say the data seems to suggest he might be more like the 45-50ish point d-man we're seeing here, rather than Karlsson 2.0. Give the column a read and share your thoughts.

Also, let's not lose sight of the other combatant his this match - Dougie Hamilton. He has a remarkable stat of his own, what with being on pace to be the only defenseman in at least 20 years to fire 225 SOG in a season despite averaging less than 20:00 of ice time per game. The data for him looks significantly more promising, but what do you think? Can he piece together a truly elite season, let alone turn into a top five fantasy d-man?

This was one of the more surprising cage match outcomes, so if folks agree I'm hoping for some spirited discussion here about both players.