Thread: Keepers advice for 2017/2018 season

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keepers advice for 2017/2018 season

Keep 14 foward/defensemen/goalies in a multi cat H2H pool.cats at g,a,pts, pim, +\-, gwg,sog,pp.
    My top 14 are Holtby, Schneider, Talbot (G)
    OEL, Ghost, Barrie (D)
    Crosby, voarcek, ROR, Ehlers, Laine, Tavares, Wenneberg, Reinhart (F)
    My bubble players are Turris, Tyler Johnson and Point.
    Do I replace any of my bubble players for my listed keepers?
    Thank you

The Great One

Default Re: Keepers advice for 2017/2018 season

Need to know how many other teams. Who makes the cut as a keeper will vary greatly if it's an 8 team league, versus 12, 14 or more. Also, how many players are rostered, and how many start at each position. Those factors are also key, especially to decide how many to keep at each position.

One possible bit of advice is to look into trading Wennberg and another potential keeper for a better keeper. I think Wennberg is a very good player, but one who's not especially suited for your league and you might get more value for him than he's worth.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Are you required to keep a certain amount at each position or just 14 players, any position?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sorry about that. It's a 12 team keeper pool with no position required. I was looking to protect best available and worry about positions later at the draft when I fill out the rest of my team.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    One possible bit of advice is to look into trading Wennberg and another potential keeper for a better keeper. I think Wennberg is a very good player, but one who's not especially suited for your league and you might get more value for him than he's worth.
    I agree with Rizzee on this point.

Bottom line though I don't see any changes to be made to your keepers.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I would consider leaving Gostisbehere and Barrie off your keepers and redrafting both of them. Both have had mediocre seasons at best. Both have big upsides but could be redrafted IMO (although you know your league better than we do and how many teams keep Dmen over forwards for example). I'd be looking at keeping Turris and Point over both of them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by JEMS View Post
    I was looking to protect best available and worry about positions later at the draft when I fill out the rest of my team.
    That is what I would do as well and I think your 14-player list is the optimal choice here.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay