Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guentzel

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Guentzel

Hit by Ristolainen in the 1st period. Did not return.
    [SIZE=1]Yahoo! Rotisserie League
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hit, FW, GWG
    W, SV, GAA, SV%, SO
    10 Teams

3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2 Util, 2G, 4 BN

C: Matthews, Mackinnon, Pettersson
    LW: B Tkachuk, Giroux, Svechnikov
    RW: Boeser, Meier, Wilson
    D: E Karlsson, Hamilton, Q Hughes, Trouba
    Util: O'Reilly, J Staal
    G: Gibson, Halak, Anderson, Francouz, Georgiev, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Guentzel

12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ouch!

Dobber Sports Immortal

That does not look good.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Diagnosed with concussion http://www.thescore.com/news/1260744
    [SIZE=1]Yahoo! Rotisserie League
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hit, FW, GWG
    W, SV, GAA, SV%, SO
    10 Teams

3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2 Util, 2G, 4 BN

C: Matthews, Mackinnon, Pettersson
    LW: B Tkachuk, Giroux, Svechnikov
    RW: Boeser, Meier, Wilson
    D: E Karlsson, Hamilton, Q Hughes, Trouba
    Util: O'Reilly, J Staal
    G: Gibson, Halak, Anderson, Francouz, Georgiev, Merzlikins

The Great One

Now that's bad timing for everyone...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

was it payback for crosbys nut sack slash to ROR ? I only saw the hilites.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just listened to the call from Root sports. "Terrible, Terrible hit by Ristolainen..." - But was it really? I mean, aside from it being obviously interference, which is a 2 minute minor, from the angle I saw of the hit he lined him up perfectly. Square, shoulder to chest, boom, just the way I was taught in atom hockey. He cant help it that Jake was looking backwards and skating forwards into the trolley tracks. Unfortunate about the injury but I don't think this was a malicious play by Risto - kids have to keep their heads up.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    Just listened to the call from Root sports. "Terrible, Terrible hit by Ristolainen..." - But was it really? I mean, aside from it being obviously interference, which is a 2 minute minor, from the angle I saw of the hit he lined him up perfectly. Square, shoulder to chest, boom, just the way I was taught in atom hockey. He cant help it that Jake was looking backwards and skating forwards into the trolley tracks. Unfortunate about the injury but I don't think this was a malicious play by Risto - kids have to keep their heads up.
    oh come on...where is the puck???
    you can't hit someone like that without even being close to having the puck
    12-team H2H-League (One Year), daily line-up
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), FaceOff Wins (FOW) Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

C: Bergeron, Couture, Johansen
    LW: Zetterberg (C)
    RW: Mi. Granlund (C)
    W: Pacioretty, Kreider
    F: Pavelski, Stepan
    D: Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Provorov, Klefbomb
    G: Rask, Hellebuyck
    BN: Maroon, Foligno, Barrie
    IR: Krejci, Getzlaf

Dobber Sports Deity

You say this as if you are laying the blame on Guentzel for what happened. It's not Guentzel's spot to avoid Ristolainen when he doesn't have the puck. It's Ristolainens place to hit the guy with the puck which he clearly didn't do. Guentzel is not at blame for this hit. It's one thing to get tuned when you are skating, with the puck, with your head down but that wasn't the case here. There's one person at blame for this hit and it isn't Guentzel for not paying attention to where Ristolainen was coming from.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Of course I'm not saying that Guentzel is in the wrong, but I am saying it is his duty to protect himself if and when it is possible. I've read (in ramblings) that Risto could be looking at a 5 game suspension. What I'm saying is aside from it being interference, which I am in no way shape or form disputing, what was wrong with the hit? Bad situation all around, Risto is of course to blame for taking the hit before he had the puck, but that's interference and nothing else, 2 minute minor, no misconduct (unless the officials deem it to be worthy of a match penalty for interference which they obviously did) and no suspension. The kid took a hard hit, but I didn't think it was dirty or malicious.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

I hopped over to read the other thread, its a good read - I think they've got it covered!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo View Post
    Diagnosed with concussion http://www.thescore.com/news/1260744
    How dare they reveal he has a concussion. Its clearly an upper body injury. I suspect the Pens are just looking for a suspension.

Dobber Sports Stud

Of course I'm not saying that Guentzel is in the wrong, but I am saying it is his duty to protect himself if and when it is possible. I've read (in ramblings) that Risto could be looking at a 5 game suspension. What I'm saying is aside from it being interference, which I am in no way shape or form disputing, what was wrong with the hit? Bad situation all around, Risto is of course to blame for taking the hit before he had the puck, but that's interference and nothing else, 2 minute minor, no misconduct (unless the officials deem it to be worthy of a match penalty for interference which they obviously did) and no suspension. The kid took a hard hit, but I didn't think it was dirty or malicious.
    He deserves a suspension for sure. You can't go around hitting guys who don't have the puck. Risto may not have meant to do it, but that doesnt mean its not dirty. Saying its Guentzels duty to protect himself if and when it is possible doesn't relate to this play at all. ALL the blame is Ristos. Should get at least 3 games imo
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    He deserves a suspension for sure. You can't go around hitting guys who don't have the puck. Risto may not have meant to do it, but that doesnt mean its not dirty. Saying its Guentzels duty to protect himself if and when it is possible doesn't relate to this play at all. ALL the blame is Ristos. Should get at least 3 games imo
    I completely agree - you cant go hitting guys without the puck, because, again... that is a 2 minute minor penalty for interference.