Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guentzel

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Guentzel

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    I completely agree - you cant go hitting guys without the puck, because, again... that is a 2 minute minor penalty for interference.
    So if a 4th line goon destroys Eichel and ends his career when he's nowhere near a puck, you think that's only a 2 minute minor penalty?

5 minute majors are given for interference all the time. And if it's a bad hit like this, that's also worth a suspension. Saying that you can hit any player at any time and only get a 2 minute minor is just... I don't want to offend you but that's stupid. Players cannot be expected to protect themselves when they don't have the puck.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The play was quite obviously in the direction of Guentzel, the pass was intended for him and he was within seconds of receiving it had the puck not been deflected. You're taught how to receive a pass like this on the boards as a child, and looking at your feet is the wrong way. If there was head contact (which I didn't see) then there is that, and you're right, there are match penalties for interference all the time, which is what happened here, the hit was hard as hell, but he wasn't targeting him with malice. This isn't a 4th liner goon targeting someone with intent to injure - that is when your example would be more relevant. If this hit happens when the puck is on Guentzels stick, which, as I said, it was within seconds of being that way, then this is a perfect shoulder to chest hit by Risto - it happens all the time after a player gives a pass but defending players are allowed a sticks length to negate interference, but in this case it was receiving the pass.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    The play was quite obviously in the direction of Guentzel, the pass was intended for him and he was within seconds of receiving it had the puck not been deflected. You're taught how to receive a pass like this on the boards as a child, and looking at your feet is the wrong way. If there was head contact (which I didn't see) then there is that, and you're right, there are match penalties for interference all the time, which is what happened here, the hit was hard as hell, but he wasn't targeting him with malice. This isn't a 4th liner goon targeting someone with intent to injure - that is when your example would be more relevant. If this hit happens when the puck is on Guentzels stick, which, as I said, it was within seconds of being that way, then this is a perfect shoulder to chest hit by Risto - it happens all the time after a player gives a pass but defending players are allowed a sticks length to negate interference, but in this case it was receiving the pass.
    You pretty much said that any interference play should get 2 minutes and nothing else. But then if it's a goon hitting a superstar, then suddenly it's somehow different? There are different levels of interference which get different levels of punishment.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Guentzel and Hainsey are game-time decisions tomorrow vs NYR but they "look promising" per Sullivan #Pens -SK
    https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/...00542133678080
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA: