Thread: Stralman's down year

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Stralman's down year

After a couple of fairly productive seasons at 39 points (and plus 22) and 34 points (and plus 16), his offensive production has really fallen off a cliff this year - he currently sits with 15 points in 62 games, and a minus 3. The Lightning have had a disappointing season overall, but is this a guy who will bounce back next year? I own him in my dynasty keeper league and paying his $4.5M salary hurts if he's not putting up decent points. If people don't think he'll bounce back, I'd be tempted to drop him in favour of someone who may help me in the short term - someone like Mikku Koivu who is available and could help me in the playoffs this season.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Stralman's down year

He'll bounce back above what he has done this season. Will he bounce back to his 39 point year, probably not. I would expect 30 points from him any given season with anything on top being gravy.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Stralman's down year

Before Stamkos was hurt they used Stralman mostly on PP1 to help the PP run through Stamkos. Once Stamkos went down the tried Hedman and he lit it up. I can't see them backing off Hedman, so that will mean Stralman's production won't be anywhere near his previous two seasons. If he's lucky maybe 25 -30, but I think even 30 is a long shot.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/