Thread: Is Mrazek worth it?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Is Mrazek worth it?

Wondering what folks think of Mrazek next year and beyond. He's available on the wire and thinking about picking him up in the hopes that this year was an off year and considering how weak I am in net. Most teams in the league keep 2 goalies every year so they are a sought after commodity. The rub here is I don't know whether the pickup is worth it considering i'd have to drop one of Horvat, Kopitar, Huberdeau to make room.
    Other potential pickups that are available but seem like an even bigger gamble as a keeper include:
    Varlamov
    Darling
    Saros

Thoughts?
    __________________________________________________ ____
    12 Team Head-to-Head league. Keep 8 annually.
    Scoring: G, Pts, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHP, GWG, HIT; W, L, GAA, SHO

C: Galchenyuk, Brassard, Horvat, Kopitar, E. Lindholm
    W: Hall, Hoffman, Ovechkin, Huberdeau, J.T. Miller, Aho, Palat, Stone
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Leddy, Parayko
    G: Hellebuyck, Fleury, Mason

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Is Mrazek worth it?

Looking at your cats, W/L/SHO...don't see Mrazek getting a ton of that next year even if he takes the starter job back. You don't have much to lose though looking at your G situation. If I were you, I'd wait as long as you can up to your keeper deadline to see what happens in the offseason. If you have to decide before July, I would probably take the gamble on Fleury and Darling as they both should end up on new teams and possibly in a starter role.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Titan

None of them are worth keeping over the guys that you have right now. Don't overthink it too much.
    If you want to pick him up, wait until after the expansion draft puts Howard in LV, and then shop Mrazek, then that could be rewarding. I wouldn't look at keeping him though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Where do you pick in the draft?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sulla: My pick next year will be somewhere in the 5-8 range (of 12 teams), depending on how the consolation bracket ends up this week.
    I'm actually trying to trade for Talbot now with another manager. Figure I can get Mrazek or Darling next year early in the draft if i'm desperate.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Detroit trending down. Mrazek proved nothing more than being a decent goalie this year after turning heads last year. can't see Detroit improving much next year so starter or not, I'd steer clear. He'd be your 4th (maybe 3rd depending on Mason) best G next year IMO.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would expect Mrazek to be worth even less in your league due to losses. I would wait and see how things play out in the draft