Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm picking the Columbus Blue Jackets on winning the Stanley Cup

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: I'm picking the Columbus Blue Jackets on winning the Stanley Cup

I can see them beating Washington.

And Dubisnky seems to be the one player that can get under Crosby's skin the most so who knows.

The Great One

If the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs were to occur 10 different times, I could see the Blue Jackets winning at least once. But I'm banking on Washington (less pressure for once, and Ovi can't stink forever) or several Western conference teams as the more likely victor.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going with Chi-town to win it all (crazy prediction I know)

In the east I see Pens emerging again. WSH will choke as per usual... I just think the DNA of that team is not built for the playoffs. They're just soft.

My dark horses would be Ottawa and Nashville.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

They have zero center depth. Can't match up against the big dogs in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    They have zero center depth. Can't match up against the big dogs in the playoffs.
    I agree. I think they over achieved all season and get exposed in round 1 or 2, line matchups will be tough for them. I like the direction they're heading but too early or a cup.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont disagree that they may not have the depth down the middle, but playoffs are a strange beast. If you can dominate special teams and ride a hot goalie, you can go far. The Blue Jackets are in the top 10 for both PP and PK and Bobrovsky has played well all year. I am not betting against them early on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I agree. I think they over achieved all season and get exposed in round 1 or 2, line matchups will be tough for them. I like the direction they're heading but too early or a cup.
    I don't even necessarily think they over-achieved. They're a good team, pretty deep and pretty skilled, and that's generally great for the regular season.

But matching up Wennberg-Dubinsky-Gagner-Karlsson vs. Crosby-Malkin-Bonino-Cullen or Backstrom-Kuznetsov-Eller-Beagle or even like Matthews-Kadri-Bozak-Boyle. I mean there aren't many 4 line center matchups where I'm taking the CBJ matchups, and that matters a whole lot more in a 7 game playoff series than it does in the regular season.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Pfft... no way man... what a load. Something tells me the BJs will choke when it comes time for the money shot. I just hope I don't have to swallow my words on this one.

"BJs, load, money shot, choke, swallow...." too many jokes. I can't even decide where to start with this one!

Upload your browser history for the last day.

Dobber Sports Padawan

How about Montreal sneaking through? I think a better bet than Columbus
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    How about Montreal sneaking through? I think a better bet than Columbus
    As a Habs fan, I would want nothing more than that to happen but I think they are missing that extra scoring that some top teams have when the going gets though. They are a special group but I don't think this is their year (then again, I called a long and difficult season for them before the Radulov signing so hopefully I'm wrong here too).

Call me crazy but I think that the 8th seeded team in the West at the end of the regular season takes it this year (Nashville, St-L or LA... I'm thinking it's going to be Nashville).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm hoping Washington or San Jose wins the Cup this year. Both teams have lots of players who deserve it, and both teams are pretty great. Toews and Crosby have enough Cups already.

Columbus is a dark horse but I think they rely too much on rookies / youngsters, so their time is probably not yet. They need to learn the playoffs first because it's a different beast compared to regular season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Pfft... no way man... what a load. Something tells me the BJs will choke when it comes time for the money shot. I just hope I don't have to swallow my words on this one.
    This post did not get enough appreciation. Nice work!
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

In early December I was in Vegas. I put 20 bucks on Columbus to win the Stanley Cup. I also put 20 bucks on the Atlanta Falcons to win the Superbowl. So my guess is that Columbus makes it to gave 7 of the Finals, has a 5-0 lead in the third period....and finds a way to lose....

Dobber Sports Monster

Connor Sheary left the game, dont know his status at the moment. But now that the Penguins are getting more and more hurt my prediction doesn't look so crazy.

their biggest challenge will be the Washington Capitals who technically are the better team but anything can happen in 7 game series....

GO BLUE JACKETS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

If Bob can steal a couple to get them out of round 1 and 2 then you never know...but any run starting with Pittsburgh and Washington is a scary place to be.