Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: I'm picking the Columbus Blue Jackets on winning the Stanley Cup

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: I'm picking the Columbus Blue Jackets on winning the Stanley Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Columbus does not have enough offensive talent. I know it was just 1 game but after watching last night's game against Chicago, I was not very impressed with their top 6. Bob was awesome and is the best goalie I have seen all season. Chicago easily could have won that game 5-1.

And speaking of the Hawks, I will be very surprised IF they don't make the Finals. I said to my wife earlier today in a moment of realization "I think the Hawks will win the Stanley Cup." They are absolutely rolling offensively. It doesn't matter who is centering Kane and Panarin- those guys are playing elite level offense and creating 5-6 grade A scoring chances every game. Toews and Schmaltz are showing excellent chemistry on the 1st line. Hossa still has something in the tank and Hartman and Hayden are contributing. While they are not as elite defensively as in the past, they are deeper. I don't know if any team in the league is as good as passing out of their zone as the Hawks. Seabrook is excellent at stretch passes to spring odd man rushes. The team overall just looks better at creatively passing through the neutral zone than any time during this run. And regardless what the pundits say, there are not many goalies I want in net when starting the playoffs over Crawford. He's solids, doesn't give up the bad goals, and will occasionally steal you a game. Plus, Chicago has notoriously had another gear to get to in the playoffs. So if that is the case this year, I like their chances even more.

Maybe Pittsburgh gets all their guys back or Washington gets back on a roll but if I had to pick one team today- gimme the Blackhawks.
    yeah i have to agree about chicago. just dont see anyone in the west knocking them off the throne. the east on the other hand is iffy ..... i want to pick washington and probably will but they are very inconsistent, am hoping last nights loss is just a small bump on the road or something.

one hockey expert i know (who wins dam near every hockey pool im in) said about last years playoffs "can't believe nobody else in the pool went with pittsbugh vs sanjose players in the finals...the two hottest teams in the league going into the playoffs"

needless to say im going to pick the two hottest teams to make the finals now lol

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    yeah i have to agree about chicago. just dont see anyone in the west knocking them off the throne. the east on the other hand is iffy ..... i want to pick washington and probably will but they are very inconsistent, am hoping last nights loss is just a small bump on the road or something.

one hockey expert i know (who wins dam near every hockey pool im in) said about last years playoffs "can't believe nobody else in the pool went with pittsbugh vs sanjose players in the finals...the two hottest teams in the league going into the playoffs"

needless to say im going to pick the two hottest teams to make the finals now lol
    Carolina vs. Edmonton?
    Good luck with your playoff pools! Can I join?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports All-Star

My money is on Washington. They are so bored right now, they actually lost to Arizona last night. They can't wait to get it going.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    My money is on Washington. They are so bored right now, they actually lost to Arizona last night. They can't wait to get it going.
    Im normally pulling for the Caps....but with the Wings out this year I think I'm all in on them. Penguins are banged up. It's their time.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Im normally pulling for the Caps....but with the Wings out this year I think I'm all in on them. Penguins are banged up. It's their time.
    Gotta agree with this

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Carolina vs. Edmonton?
    Good luck with your playoff pools! Can I join?
    if it was my personal pool id let people on here join but it's my buddies pool and don't think he would do online transfers

Dobber Sports Genius

Toronto vs Nashville
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Stud

just checking in on this thread for even the tiniest bit of humility.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    just checking in on this thread for even the tiniest bit of humility.
    u must have missed the part where i retracted my columbus pick before the playoffs started.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by stuntman12 View Post
    ----officially retract my previous statements----

after thinking more about it and how the team called a meeting for tortz to be "nicer to them" has made me believe they are not true warriors and not fit for a stanley cup run.

- stuntman12
    boooooo
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    They have zero center depth. Can't match up against the big dogs in the playoffs.
    Tru ^

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    ----Officially retract my previous statements----

after thinking more about it and how the team called a meeting for Tortz to be "nicer to them" has made me believe they are not true warriors and not fit for a stanley cup run.

- Stuntman12
    Weak ^

Dobber Sports Deity

I really thought with Letang out and Dubinsky driving Crosby insane that they would have a chance to upset the Pens.

Fleury dominated in this series.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I really thought with Letang out and Dubinsky driving Crosby insane that they would have a chance to upset the Pens.

Fleury dominated in this series.
    I think Crosby has matured past the point of flies like Dubinsky bothering him. Dubinsky was a complete non-factor in that series.

Administrator

Impulse buy followed by impulse sell.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think Crosby has matured past the point of flies like Dubinsky bothering him. Dubinsky was a complete non-factor in that series.
    Indeed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."