Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm picking the Columbus Blue Jackets on winning the Stanley Cup

Dobber Sports Monster

Default I'm picking the Columbus Blue Jackets on winning the Stanley Cup

Officially on the Columbus Blue Jackets Play-off wagon AND letting you all know prematurely who will be the 2016-17 Stanley Cup Champions. I have a few reasons for picking Columbus, I may not use perfect logic but IDGAF! GO JACKETS! Everyone is saying "OH IT IS PITTSBURGH VS CHICAGO'S YEAR BLAH BLAH BLAH"...WELL I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF IT! THE DISRESPECT OF THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS HAS GONE ON FAR TOO LONG!

- Great leadership, Nick Foligno has been having a great season and been a great captain.
    - Solid defense: Zach Werenski (puck mover), Seth Jones (two-way), Jack Johnson (vetern). Although their D-Core is young they will prevail
    - John Tortorella, having a terrific season thus far and will cap it off with a Stanley Cup AND is willing to fight anyone in ANY hallway
    - Hottest goalie in the league (in a thread before the season I even called it that Bobrovsky was going to have a big year)
    - Nice mix of veterans + youth which reminds me of the 2001 Colorado Avalanche
    - Cam Atkinson will be very key to their victory. He is the modern day Martin St. Louis
    - They have a very annoying goal horn or whatever you want to call it

columbus.png

Bob Cole Voice - AND THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS ARE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS......

And to nobodies surprise Sergei Bobrovsky wins the Conn Smythe Trophy

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: I'm picking the Columbus Blue Jackets on winning the Stanley Cup

They have a cannon for when they score, not a horn.

CBJ is my 2nd favorite NHL team (behind the Oilers) and even I am not picking them to come out of the East, let alone win the Cup. Good on ya for taking a chance I guess.

Personally, I'd love to see the Oilers vs the Blue Jackets in the Stanley Cup Final, but there's probably a better chance of me having a period than that happening.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not picking Columbus. I think they get knocked out in the 1st round.

If I had to pick 1 team, give me Chicago. Pitt or Wash might be better but they have a harder road.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't see it either. First time in the playoffs in awhile -- I think winning a round this year would be a victory.

Washington and Minnesota would be my choice today. Boudreau's former club vs. Boudreau. Great storyline.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Wolverine

Calgary vs Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Icon

Pfft... no way man... what a load. Something tells me the BJs will choke when it comes time for the money shot. I just hope I don't have to swallow my words on this one.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Star

San Jose. They're focused and better than last year.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don’t get why Foligno would be considered a “great” captain. The team did terrible last yr and so did he, but now this yr that he’s back on track and the teams performing he’s a great captain? Plus if you remove CBJ 16 game win streak they’re 31-18-6, after their win streak they’re 20-15. +12 in Goal Diff over 35 games (+0.34GD/game) vs +64 over 71 games (+0.90GD/game).

Anything can happen in the playoffs, and Bob can get hot out of nowhere, but he’s also been meh at times this yr for stretches. CBJ are too much of a wildcard for me to call them SC Champs. But I always love seeing new champions.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont be one bit surprised if Bobrovsky wins his 2nd Vezina this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Bob, Holtby, Dubnyk but he’s got to right the ship soon before maybe a hot Talbot takes him out, or Price. Should be Craig Anderson, but he hasn’t played enough games.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

I love Columbus, and anything can happen once you're in the playoffs. If Bob shuts the door and their PP clicks like early in the season, they'll go far.

My only problem with the initial post was including Jack Johnson in the "solid defence" category
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Then why'd you trade him for Schneider

Dobber Sports Pro

The nasty division they're in may kill their cup drive - 100-point team and unless they finish first they'll get the Pens or the Caps in the first round.

Dobber Sports Monster

This is setting up to be a good bump worthy thread the seed has been planted

They are one of the hottest teams in the NHL thus far so I won't be the least bit surprised

The reason why I am not picking the Caps is they been very ICE COLD of late. Shattenkirk has been so so and is still trying to gel with Ovie who is also NOT PLAYING very well.

Another reason I'm not picking Pitttsburgh, their goaltending, big question is - can matt murray win them another cup? maybe he can who knows but we know if he gets shaky then Fluery isnt going to be much help. For the West, i think Chicago will come out on top but we will see

Dobber Sports Jedi

They have a cannon for when they score, not a horn.

CBJ is my 2nd favorite NHL team (behind the Oilers) and even I am not picking them to come out of the East, let alone win the Cup. Good on ya for taking a chance I guess.

Personally, I'd love to see the Oilers vs the Blue Jackets in the Stanley Cup Final, but there's probably a better chance of me having a period than that happening.
    There's scientific evidence to suggest men go through a form of 28 day cycle.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4