Thread: Team Assessment

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Team Assessment

So I managed to go 36--6 this year, claim 1st overall then get bounced in the first week of the playoffs due by and largely to a few big zeros from PIT, TB and WSH early in the week. Regardless I now find myself with no picks until the 4th round next year and a largely dumbed down farm team. Of players holding keeper value and name I have Karlsson, Buff and Hedman on D and can only keep 2 so one is great trade bait. I love Ovie but his age is getting up there and wouldn't mind going into a bit of a minor tweaking phase. Also I wouldn't mind moving Rask if it means getting younger and acquiring some farm team power. What direction do I take, what do I flash about in trades and what am I looking to shore up. Help!
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Team Assessment

You may be able to find someone interested in Schultz, too, after his resurgent season. I agree that it might be a good time to sell Ovechkin. He's still a very productive player, but is admittedly past his prime. This may be the last summer that someone will be willing to pay an elite level return for him.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd hold ovi. Dont sell him low. He will have a hot stretch next season or could have a great playoff. Sell him only when he's producing.

Id keep Karlsson and Hedman on d. I'd argue you could sell Hedman high and keep buf but I think Hedman is for real. I would be really hesitant to dump him and don't trade Karlsson unless it's an offer you can't refuse.

Your keepers look good. You're going for gold again next season even if your first pick comes in round 4.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm interested in your stat categories. Was also thinking along the same lines of keeping Hedman over byuf. But I'd need to know the stats
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Titan

Stats are at the bottom of his signature (points based).

I think I would really just put everyone up and see what you can get. Allows you to be flexible in therms of who you keep and who you can get to shore yourself up with. I would probably try not to deal more than 3 of your current players (4 if you can deal Schultz too though) because your don't want to upset the balance and throw yourself out of next year's contention.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    I'm interested in your stat categories. Was also thinking along the same lines of keeping Hedman over byuf. But I'd need to know the stats
    As most have said, stats are in the signature. To put it into perspective, this year thus far Buff has 310 points (4.3 fppg) and Hedman has 316 (4.6fppg). Again considering salary for this year Hedman is by far the better own.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co