Thread: Mass Effect Andromeda

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Mass Effect Andromeda

Not gonna lie Im pretty disappointed with the early reviews....7.7 on IGN....

But....still have it preordered and excited to pick it up tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda

120hrs of game play needed to finish the game from one reviewer i read. that's insane.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

I just played the first one a long time ago when it came out. Didn't have time to play the others but I would like to get back into it as both the story and gameplay were awesome. Do you know if I can go from 1 to 4 while skipping the 2 other titles (without any spoilers please )?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I just played the first one a long time ago when it came out. Didn't have time to play the others but I would like to get back into it as both the story and gameplay were awesome. Do you know if I can go from 1 to 4 while skipping the 2 other titles (without any spoilers please )?
    Yes you could if you wanted. Mass Effect 2 is still up there with Skyrim for the most enjoyable game Ive ever played though

Dobber Sports Genius

Amazon's been pretty slow with shipping my pre-ordered games lately. Looks like i won't get mine for a while yet, as they're still preparing for shipment. Disappointing about the reviews, but I'm sure I'll still have a blast with it. I've had a hankering for Mass Effect lately. I've got to choose which to play first between this and Horizon, but I'll probably start with ME.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yes you could if you wanted. Mass Effect 2 is still up there with Skyrim for the most enjoyable game Ive ever played though
    Nice, thanks HR! I'll probably get the 2nd one previously played before since it's usually in the bargain bins at my local EB games. If it's a good game, I don't care if it's old or new. I mean, I still love games like FF7, Secret of Mana, Mario 64 and the original Castlevania
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Amazon's been pretty slow with shipping my pre-ordered games lately. Looks like i won't get mine for a while yet, as they're still preparing for shipment. Disappointing about the reviews, but I'm sure I'll still have a blast with it. I've had a hankering for Mass Effect lately. I've got to choose which to play first between this and Horizon, but I'll probably start with ME.
    That's my thinking with the reviews. I picked it up yesterday. Probably won't have time until tonight or tomorrow though

On a PS4 side note....WTF is up with the system needing like 40 GB of space just in case??

Dobber Sports Genius

On a PS4 side note....WTF is up with the system needing like 40 GB of space just in case??
    At least you can finally use an external drive to store and run games on the PS4. I ordered a 1TB drive a couple days ago, for that purpose. Wondering if 2TBs would have been wiser, but it should be fine. It was a decent deal, so I jumped on it. Looking forward to not having to figure out what I'm going to delete every time I start a new game.

Dobber Sports Immortal

At least you can finally use an external drive to store and run games on the PS4. I ordered a 1TB drive a couple days ago, for that purpose. Wondering if 2TBs would have been wiser, but it should be fine. It was a decent deal, so I jumped on it. Looking forward to not having to figure out what I'm going to delete every time I start a new game.
    Is there a certain kind of drive you need for this?? I tried a 1TB drive I have but it wouldn't work.

Dobber Sports Genius

Is there a certain kind of drive you need for this?? I tried a 1TB drive I have but it wouldn't work.
    To my knowledge it's just got to be a USB 3.0 drive. Maybe yours was an older, 2.0? Or maybe you tried it before the 4.5 update?

Dobber Sports Recruit

In my opinion this game is not the best one, unfortunately...
    Last edited by lucy; February 18, 2021 at 2:38 PM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally played it this past weekend.

I can see where the complaints come from as animations do seem a bit choppy.....but.....some of the visuals are absolutely amazing and just getting into it again made me very excited to get back into the Mass Effect universe. It's a totally unique game and I love the world.

Dobber Sports Genius

Finally played it this past weekend.

I can see where the complaints come from as animations do seem a bit choppy.....but.....some of the visuals are absolutely amazing and just getting into it again made me very excited to get back into the Mass Effect universe. It's a totally unique game and I love the world.
    I just got into it, too. I went out on that first mission, and got back to the main ship, so I'm not very far into it, but I'm enjoying it. Great to be back into an ME game. What class do you use? I like Biotic, and I absolutely love using Shockwave.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I just got into it, too. I went out on that first mission, and got back to the main ship, so I'm not very far into it, but I'm enjoying it. Great to be back into an ME game. What class do you use? I like Biotic, and I absolutely love using Shockwave.
    Pretty much just as far as me! That was a long opening mission....but love the combat.

Im the same. Supposedly you can change it so I think I'll see how Im feeling after a couple more hours.