Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Players who are due for a down year (2017-18 season)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Players who are due for a down year (2017-18 season)

Some of these are not big drop offs but players who won't duplicate or improve on their season they have this year.

Cam Atkinson (CBJ) - Career shooting % spiked from 11.9% to 15.6 percen, break out player at 27. Correction is due. Currently at a 70 pt pace. Should get between 55-62 pts next season.

Rickard Rakell (ANA) - Most of his points come from goals, previous shooting % was 11.8 and 8.6. Has a career high shooting % of 20.4 as we speak. Doesn't shoot the puck a whole lot, although he is very skilled one would have to think he has a down year. 20-25 goals and 45~ pt range

Henrik Zetterberg (DET) - Currently on a 69 pt pace. Will turn 37 years old in October. One would think his luck will run out and a correction will be due.

Radim Vrbata (ARI) - 27 pts last season to 51 in 71 so far this season. At 35 years old can be repeat this great season?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Players who are due for a down year (2017-18 season)

I hate to say it but can Brad Marchand do this again?? Does anyone take him in Round 1 of a yearly pool?? I can't see myself doing that.

The Magnificent One

If recent trends repeat, count on Werenski for the dreaded d-man sophomore slump. And I can't see Justin Schultz doing anything remotely resembling what we've seen this season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I hate to say it but can Brad Marchand do this again?? Does anyone take him in Round 1 of a yearly pool?? I can't see myself doing that.
    I thought about adding him. Still don't know what to think about him? Is a late bloomer, when he got taken in my $250 1 year in the 5th round I thought it might have been a reach and he was going to get 50-55 pts max. Another one I wonder about is David Pastrnak. Both rely a lot on goals for points which worry me a little bit sometiems, seems like playmakers are the much safer bet ....

Mark Scheifele (WPG) 70
    Auston Matthews (TOR) 70
    Leon Draisaitl (EDM) 69
    Brad Marchand (BOS) 68
    David Pastrnak (BOS) 68
    Evgeny Kuznetsov (WAS) 67
    Alex Ovechkin (WAS) 67
    Steven Stamkos (TB) 67
    Mikael Granlund (MIN) 67

But even with this section of my rankings I have a hard time and never seem happy with the ranking......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    If recent trends repeat, count on Werenski for the dreaded d-man sophomore slump. And I can't see Justin Schultz doing anything remotely resembling what we've seen this season.
    those are two good ones. i have justin schultz pegged for 38 pts but it all depends on where he signs in the off season. i just dont trust him as far as i can throw him

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Can he - well, would you bet against him at this point? Would someone take him in round 1 of a pool? Nope, for the same reason they wouldn't take Backstrom. Yes, I realize Backstrom has a better and longer track record, but the point is Marchand, like Backstrom, will be undervalued no matter how well he does, and as such you can likely bank on grabbing him after the "name" players get taken.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Seems like Backstrom is always taken late first round early 2nd round in my 1 year $50 (20-25 managers). He is very undervalued imo. Talk about Mr Consistency

Dobber Sports Monster

What about Patrik Laine and Mark Scheifele? What do you guys think about them for next year....

For Scheifele ...

only 137 shots on the year and at 20.4 shooting % (28 goals in 69 games). He had 14.9 last season and 8.8 the previous year. doesn't shoot a whole lot.....wouldn't you think he regresses a tad next year?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Seems like Backstrom is always taken late first round early 2nd round in my 1 year $50 (20-25 managers). He is very undervalued imo. Talk about Mr Consistency
    But in a keeper league impossible to trade off for fair value. Owners know his true value, other guys knock him down so much.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    But in a keeper league impossible to trade off for fair value. Owners know his true value, other guys knock him down so much.
    Very true. I know a guy in my league who tried trading Backstrom in a pts keeper and the other manager said something like "I dont see the upside in your players you are offering me". Backstrom is 29 years and, this is a young mans game but he is an elite playmaker and should be very producture for the next 5-6 years easily.

Dobber Sports Master

Mikko Koivu's point totals have increased in the last two seasons. Both his shooting % and PDO are up this year too. But going into his age 35 campaign next year, can we expect him to do this for a third season in a row?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Mikko Koivu's point totals have increased in the last two seasons. Both his shooting % and PDO are up this year too. But going into his age 35 campaign next year, can we expect him to do this for a third season in a row?
    good point. he is another guy on my radar that im worried about dipping in production

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Koivu was the one that came to my mind first.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Very true. I know a guy in my league who tried trading Backstrom in a pts keeper and the other manager said something like "I dont see the upside in your players you are offering me". Backstrom is 29 years and, this is a young mans game but he is an elite playmaker and should be very producture for the next 5-6 years easily.
    Backstrom is poised to do over the next 5+ years exactly what Joe Thornton did at the same age.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Vanek... should hit 50pts but I just don't see him doing it again.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Eric Staal and Thomas Vanek, because I dropped them this year after owning them for a decade and they will become available again.

Bobrovski is another vote for me.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck