Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Players who are due for a down year (2017-18 season)

Administrator

Default Re: Players who are due for a down year (2017-18 season)

This works for just about any player that greatly exceeded expectations this year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

John Tortorella. I think he regresses back to starting fights with reporters and chasing down opposing coaches in the hallway...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't have any sources, but I have hear rumblings that Pitt will try to find room to keep him. If he stays there, I think those numbers are at least potentially attainable again
    Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    If recent trends repeat, count on Werenski for the dreaded d-man sophomore slump. And I can't see Justin Schultz doing anything remotely resembling what we've seen this season.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    I don't have any sources, but I have hear rumblings that Pitt will try to find room to keep him. If he stays there, I think those numbers are at least potentially attainable again
    Keep in mind that Schultz might be doing well for another reason aside from his situation, namely his need to earn another contract. He was seen as a major disappointment in prior seasons, then out of the blue he goes berserk when he's playing for his next deal. It's at least a back of the mind concern.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

Schultz is 5th in scoring among dmen. Even if the environment somehow improves he probably doesn't finish this high next year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

Backstrom will not drop off until around 35 he is just too intelligent/cerebral and his panic threshold is unmatched by anyone in the league, you want to talk about hold onto the puck until last possible microsecond look no further then the best play maker in the game.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    John Tortorella. I think he regresses back to starting fights with reporters and chasing down opposing coaches in the hallway...
    lol..agreed here
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Backstrom will not drop off until around 35 he is just too intelligent/cerebral and his panic threshold is unmatched by anyone in the league, you want to talk about hold onto the puck until last possible microsecond look no further then the best play maker in the game.
    I completely agree. If you want to get an idea of what to expect from Backstrom over the next five years, look at what Joe Thornton did in his early 30s.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Looking at David Pastrnaks numbers a little closer do you guys really see that much (if any) of a drop off?

2016/17 Statistics
    GP/G/A/PTS/SHOTS/SHOT%
    75-34-36-70-262-13%

-now his shots per-game went from 2.12 in 15/16 to 3.49 (note he played 75 games) in 16/17 which for a guy who is a shooter like Pastrnak that is some-what reasonable right?
    -now his shooting% in 15/16 was 13.9% (high but considering he is a good goal scorer it's some-what reasonable right?)
    -then his shooting% in 16/17 went down to 13%
    -So if we project his shots to be around 270 shots in 82 in a full season this upcoming year at 13% that would be about 35 goals
    -NOW his assists shouldn't take too much of a hit REALLY since he has very consistent goal scorers on his line such as Brad Marchand who has scored 24,37,39 goals in the last 3 years respectively

Forward GP G A PTS Floor-Ceiling
    David Pastrnak (BOS) 82 33 32 65 60/70

The Magnificent One

On Pastrnak, something to keep in mind is he - like other top Bs forwards - thrived while under Cassidy, in his case posting 26 points in 27 games. That bodes well for preventing a drop off too.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think three big name players that will a down year this year are:

Crosby, Malkin, Kessel.

The amount of hockey these guys have played the last 2 years is a lot. Two long playoff runs, The World Cup and they are coming off back to back cup wins (which hasn't happened in a long time)

And no this is not an anti-Pittsburgh comment it is the amount of hockey they have played.

Dobber Sports Titan

On the Pastrnak side, if he stays with Bergeron and Marchand, no drop off whatsoever. If he gets bumped down to spread out the offence, then watch out, he may (will) drop.

Crosby is still a top 3 pick in any league, but a slight drop is possible/likely. Malkin does what he does, and then gets injured. Kessel does what he does on hot dogs, so the lack of rest probably doesn't bother him. I'm not too worried. The rest of the Penguins on the other hand...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Brad Marchand scored very consistently last season, his longest stretch without a pt was 3 games and he did that only once! And and 3 or 4 stretches where he went 2 games without a point. We might see a dip in production but am starting to doubt it will be that drastic