Thread: Oshie or Giordano?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Oshie or Giordano?

Hello folks, at the end of the playoff, I'll have to drop 4 players. There's 3 easy drop in Duclair, Sedin et and Streit. But I hesitate between Oshie and Giordano even if i lean toward keeping Oshie (because of his age and linemates). That being said, I wonder if it could be a good idea to trade a late draft pick for a non-keeper from another team to keep both Oshie and Giordano? Does Giordano can get some other 50 pts season? Cause I don't think there will a lot of good defensive option (our draft is not really deep as my only drop 4 players). Thanks for any advice.
    League 1: 10 teams Points only (Best 9F, 4D and 1G count for the season and best 8 for the playoff). Drop 4 players before a 4 round draft before season. Mini draft during all star week-end (drop one pick one available).

F: MacKinnon, Pettersson, Eichel, Barkov, Stone, Ehlers, Necas, Huberdeau, Zacha, Boldy, , Lafreniere, Cozens, Vilardi
    D: Dobson, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Seider, Bouchard, Matheson, Clarke
    G: Vasilievski, Sorokin

League 2: 14 teams, same setting.

F: Rantanen, Kyrou, Barkov, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis, Lundell, Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Norris, Reichel, Rossi
    D: Dahlin, McAvoy, Addison, Krug, Lundkvist, Clarke
    G: Sorokin, Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Oshie or Giordano?

I would probably rather have both Oshie and Gio than a late pick in your draft.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Dougie Hamilton is the new offensive weapon from Calgary's blueline. While Gio will continue to score points, the bulk of them are Hamilton's for the taking.

I'd take Oshie too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Giant

I doubt you can get better than Giordano with the late draft pick so by all means, try to acquire a non-keeper and use him as one of the 4 players to expose while keeping both Oshie and Gio. The way I see it, this means you can go over 20 roster players (in this case 21) and simply expose 4?

If you end up having to choose between both players though, I'd keep Oshie.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm in the minority here but I'm not high on Oshie next season. His shooting percentage is unsustainably high at 24 percent (traditionally closer to 13 percent) and he's a free agent next year. He's going to get paid and it will likely be with a much lesser team than washington. I'm not saying he's going to be next year's Andree Ladd but I expect some serious regression. With his uncertain line mates and d men tough to come by, I like Gio here.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Ay free agent worries me when predicting next year as we always expect the same (or better) depending on the landing spot... Right now though it sounds like the Caps will try and bring him back though so based on what would be available with that late pick then I'd be happy to move it and keep bpth
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd move the pick. When your keeping that many players it's unlikely that you draft someone even close to equivalent to those 2

- - - Updated - - -

I'd choose a team near the bottom of the standings though. So your not making a top team potentially stronger
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Deity

If I have to choose who to keep between Gio and Oshie, I think I'd rather hold Gio.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."