Thread: How to Lower Energy Costs?

Banned

Default How to Lower Energy Costs?

Is there a way to automate the way to make data-driven decisions about where and how to save energy costs particularly in our organization? When I said automate I meant a solution that is readily available to do such thing. I work in a logistics company and we manage lots of warehouses.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How to Lower Energy Costs?

Quote Originally Posted by rowcarmine View Post
    Is there a way to automate the way to make data-driven decisions about where and how to save energy costs particularly in our organization? When I said automate I meant a solution that is readily available to do such thing. I work in a logistics company and we manage lots of warehouses.
    Automated lights actually made a huge difference at my place. And switching to LED/Better efficient lights. Data-driven tho these are not without work on your end to make the date. Simple when on, the high efficiency lights dont suck as much, and when no one is in the area of the warehouse, no need for the lights, they turn off automatically after 10minutes (maybe 15).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Magnificent One

There are intelligent thermostats nowadays. like Nest, although I'm not sure their long term savings has been quantified, especially in non-residential settings.

Also, I'm guessing there are many companies out there who will tout their ability to work with your company to arrive upon a solution. Whether they know what they're talking about, let alone that using them would represent a net savings, that I definitely can't tell you.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

There's outside consultants that def can come in and work with you on this. If not that should be a thing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Newbie

Yeah, we switched to LED lights and there's really big savings.

Banned

We asked a consultant and was told an energy management system would help but that it's advisable to get our energy consumption benchmarked first so we have something to compare with.