Thread: Who to start this week - Bernier or Dell?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who to start this week - Bernier or Dell?

Interesting strategic considerations. I am in a two-week playoff against a superior team, with values for each cat summed or averaged over the whole two weeks, but roster changes allowed after week 1. I am winning 6-3 right now, largely due to the three goalie cats.

Wins: Me 5 / Him 2
    GAA: Me 2.52 / Him 3.61
    Save %: Me .904 / Him .879

I probably need to win all three goalie cats to advance to the finals. I have Elliott, Mason, and just picked up Bernier for Bishop. I'm wondering if Dell would be better, with SJ having two back-to-backs this week so almost certainly two starts. He has Rask, Howard, and Greiss, so I'm expecting Rask and Howard with four games each.

Because I'm already ahead, I think the number of starts is secondary for me, and I just want whoever is less likely to blow up my rate stats. Elliott for sure, but who should be my second starter? Anaheim has Edm WPG NYR all at home. Mason has @Min @Wpg @Cbj @Pit, but I really am nervous about Mason imploding, especially against Columbus and Pittsburgh.

Any help greatly appreciated!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who to start this week - Bernier or Dell?

I would actually want Dell, Bernier and Elliott if you want to play it safe. Mason is the riskiest one here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

EB nailed it as far as I'm concerned.

And specific answer to your question Dell>Bernier.

Dobber Sports Stud

I start two - so pick up Dell (dropping Turris or Vrbata or Niederreiter) and start Bernier and Dell? Or I could drop Mason...
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Robbie View Post
    I start two - so pick up Dell (dropping Turris or Vrbata or Niederreiter) and start Bernier and Dell? Or I could drop Mason...
    If you're not starting Mason this week then you won't next week when he has three games. So I would drop Mason.
    I would probably start Dell and Elliott. Gibson should be back soon and I wouldn't want to miss that and only get one game from Bernier.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks very much EB and HB. Dell acquired; I'll decide who starts this afternoon, but the Elliott/Dell suggestion is strong. I think his getting more than four wins out of Rask and Howard is a stretch, so if I can get one out of Dell's two starts and one of Elliott's two-three starts I should be ok in that cat. If TB can light up one of his two goalies the rates should be ok. Caps vs. Elliott tomorrow is a danger point, but the Caps haven't been scoring in bunches too much lately.