Thread: Pick 2 of Arvidsson/Guentzel/Hoffman

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pick 2 of Arvidsson/Guentzel/Hoffman

Made it to the semi-finals against one of my top rivals. His team is pretty overly beefed up on hits/PIM, so will likely punt those categories and focus on others to try to push thru to finals hopefully

For centers, I'm playing Stepan/Couture/Carter as the first two have 4 games and Carter has been my most consistent centre

For wingers, I'm playing Kreider/Kessel/Ehlers/Pastrnak as each have 4 games as well...it's last two spots I'm having trouble with as deciding between

- Guentzel (4 games)
    - Arvidsson (3 games)
    - Hoffman (3 games)

Unless I use Guentzel's centre eligibility instead of Stepan but want to maximize games

- - - Updated - - -

If you have other suggestions such as benching another winger, open to it depending on reasons too
    1 Year Yahoo H2H weekly, 12 teams...top 8 make fantasy playoffs

Goals/Assists/PlusMinus/PPP/Hits/Shots
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C (play 3): Seguin (W), Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins (W), Staal (MIN), Trocheck
    W (play 6): Hall, DeBrincat, Kreider, Zucker, Neal, Olofsson, Nyquist
    D (play 4): Josi, Suter, Ristolainen, Klefbom, Hronek
    G (play 2, minimum 3 appearances): Fleury, Murray, Halak
    IR+: Drouin (W)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Pick 2 of Arvidsson/Guentzel/Hoffman

Guentzel is a given with those 4 games, and after that go with your gut. If it was me I'd go with Hoffman.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

I would actually consider sitting Stepan and going with the three you listed.
    Stepan is definitely the fourth on the list in terms of expected production per game, and his games are two sets of back to backs. So really it's close to having 3.5 games of Stepan vs 3 games of Arvie or Hoffman.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Interesting, that was one option I was considering...as saw Stepan had two "freakish" games of 6 SOG and 10 SOG, then duds of 1 and 0 in btw so glad I'm not losing my mind thinking that should be an option

Arvidsson/Hoffman have been on fire and it's been tough bc basically one less game and trying to maximize man advantage against other guy just in case

Thanks Eskimo! Will definitely consider it

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would actually consider sitting Stepan and going with the three you listed.
    Stepan is definitely the fourth on the list in terms of expected production per game, and his games are two sets of back to backs. So really it's close to having 3.5 games of Stepan vs 3 games of Arvie or Hoffman.
    1 Year Yahoo H2H weekly, 12 teams...top 8 make fantasy playoffs

Goals/Assists/PlusMinus/PPP/Hits/Shots
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C (play 3): Seguin (W), Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins (W), Staal (MIN), Trocheck
    W (play 6): Hall, DeBrincat, Kreider, Zucker, Neal, Olofsson, Nyquist
    D (play 4): Josi, Suter, Ristolainen, Klefbom, Hronek
    G (play 2, minimum 3 appearances): Fleury, Murray, Halak
    IR+: Drouin (W)

Dobber Sports Veteran

First, congrats for advancing to the semis My dilemma is between starting Arvidsson and Guentzel - sitting Hoffman OR
    starting the 3 and sitting Stepan. So I was about to go with the second one but I just saw the schedules and Stepan has easier opponents than Hoffman + he's playing 1 more game.
    Devils & Predators fan

The Great One

Stepan has to take a seat IMO - it's a little rough but the others feel better options right now even with the percieved easier schedule and an extra game
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Have to maximize your games--go with the players that get you as many games as possible. Players can't score you points if you cant get them into the lineup.

Without knowing how your team shakes out, Guentzel and Arvidsson would be my first two choices. Both playing extremely well and both have good schedules (Guentzel with 4 this week, Arvidsson with 5 next).
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen