Thread: Yahoo games played question - goalies on bench?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Yahoo games played question - goalies on bench?

Quick question for guys who are in Yahoo leagues with max number of games played per position:

I have 2 goalie slots with 82 max games each, and it's a points based scoring system where goalie starts tend to be a good thing. Most of us roster 4-5 goalies and thus we have to be selective of starts. I've noticed that one of the more astute managers always slots in his goalies when they are backing up different starters. For example, Murray is playing tonight and he has Fleury active in his lineup. If Murray gets yanked and Fleury goes in, he will accumulate points - but does this count as one of his games played?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Yahoo games played question - goalies on bench?

I would have to think it does. I've done this to try to ensure I reach my minimum number of starts in a H2H league, and a backup goalie entering partway through a game would count as a game played, even if he didn't play the entire game. Likewise, if a goalie is pulled partway through it's a game played.

If you go to your Team Log, you will be able to view the stats earned by player for your team while they were in your starting lineup. I can't prove this using my own team, but you may be able to on yours (or someone else's).
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

The Wolverine

Yes, if a goalie in the starting lineup gets in the game for any amount of time, it counts as a goalie appearance.

Dobber Sports Monster

Not much to add as the posters above are right. They call it goaltender "Appearances" at the bottom of your team page, and that means any form of playing time, even if they don't face a shot. Look no further than Jorge Alves, who played 8 seconds and faced no shots. Yahoo has him listed as 1 GP.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That's been my experience as well. If he steps on to the ice and plays for 1 second, it's a game played.