Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with OEL?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default What is wrong with OEL?

I don't get to watch Arizona and not that diagnosing the scoring woes is going to help things, but am I the only one wondering what's up?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: What is wrong with OEL?

He's down about a shot per game, probably a 7 point different over the course of the season from that. Although that's a 30 second thought from looking at his numbers and not having seen any games. So someone else may have more insight on why he's shooting less or something else going on in the desert.

Dobber Sports Initiate

It has recently come out that OEL has been playing with a broken thumb since November 29. This information was released about a week ago, so I'm sure that injury has finally healed. I'm sure that it took much longer to heal than the standard healing time for such an injury as he was playing with it and aggravating it every night. I have had a broken thumb before and it is hard to even write, let alone play hockey at any level. I'd imagine that this injury has affected his shot volume and other stats as well.

I was a little down on OEL from the beginning of the season, however, I didn't expect his performance to be this low. The news of this injury has earned him a slight reprieve in my eyes.
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

mannn he's having a down year of the ages.. very painful to have him in my team, drafted him way to high 3 pts (assists) in is last 16 games. thats aweful. And I can't imagine him turning it around before this year.. maybe he'll bounce back, probably because he's to talented not to. But the young Yotes need to come around and perform for that to happen. Sadly he's stuck on a ****ty team. Imagine that guy with Edmonton ...!
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for that info FFleming5! I had wondered about this but missed the news about his finger. I mean it seems obvious to expect some regression based on that terrible team, but not as much as we've seen!

7 Teams, points only, roster 30 w/ up to 4 'prospect' spots, keep 12
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 2 Teams - G/A/GWG = 1 pt., Hat Trick = 5 pts.
    Teams - Win = 2 pts., Loss = -1 pt., SO = 5 pts.
    Up to 3 waiver pickups/yr. (2 remaining)

F: Matthews, Marner, Scheifele, Kuznetsov, Pastrnak, Gaudreau, Panarin, Mantha, Schenn, Schwartz, Lindholm, Arvidsson, Johnsson, Connor, Svechnikov, Miller
    (P) J. Hughes, Lafreniere
    D:
    Burns, Pietrangelo, Klefbom, Trouba, OEL, Gustafsson, Schultz, Gostisbehere
    (P) Theodore
    T: Vegas, Colorado, Calgary

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I wonder with the emergence of DeAngelo (offensively anyways, can't play in his own zone to save his life) if the Yotes will maybe not lean as heavily on OEL as they have in the past?
    The kids should give a big injection into their system though, somewhat akin to Toronto.
    They could have Strome/Keller and one of Hishcier or Patrick, potentially, on their team in the next year or two. That's a lot of talent being infused into their team.

I think the Hanzal trade has hurt OEL's production as well, he isn't a #1 center by any stretch, but he was their best center and played a key role on that pp unit.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    It has recently come out that OEL has been playing with a broken thumb since November 29. This information was released about a week ago, so I'm sure that injury has finally healed. I'm sure that it took much longer to heal than the standard healing time for such an injury as he was playing with it and aggravating it every night. I have had a broken thumb before and it is hard to even write, let alone play hockey at any level. I'd imagine that this injury has affected his shot volume and other stats as well.

I was a little down on OEL from the beginning of the season, however, I didn't expect his performance to be this low. The news of this injury has earned him a slight reprieve in my eyes.
    I didn't know this but it makes alot of sense. His scoring is just down too much.

Also a good point with Hanzal being gone.

It would sure be nice if he got hot for the last couple weeks.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Master

I can see a potential bounce back season next year: a) the injury will be far behind him, b) the Yotes young guns will be that much more acclimated to playing in the NHL, and more potent offensively.

Great buy low candidate in the off season.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

Perhaps keep him on the pine for the rest of the year, but I'm a firm believer in a bounce back year coming up. Yes that influx of offensive talent will certainly help to bolster his numbers. I've owned him for several years now, but I'm reluctant to sit him because of how good he is, time on ice, shots etc etc.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Sage

I've been starting him every week as well. You just never know when that 3 point game is coming but he hasn't produced really much at all for weeks.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ace

I haven't been using OEL for the last 5-6 weeks. Good thing the rest of my d have been putting up good fantasy pts for me. But OEL is one of my keepers, so hopefully it's the thumb that's bringing down his game. Even when coyotes have awful teams OEL still scores. So next year I would expect a bumb back to his usual ways of scoring.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

His PPTOI is down from last year as well, 5:11 to 3:49 this year. I guess this has to do with his production. As an OEL owner, i hope he will turn this around next year

Dobber Sports Novice

Hi PP TOI has gone way down as Tical mentioned, also his shot rate is way down as he's been deferring more to his teammates. His huge SOG total allowed his great goal total and made him a fantasy beast. I traded him earlier this season when I saw this trend happening and his salary was getting high in my league.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Person Keeper League $100 cap ($120 in season), 20% increase per year on keepers (max 12) - Yahoo HtH (7 fwd, 4 D, 2 G each week): G, A, TP, PP, PIM, SOG, W, SV%

Forwards
    : Stamkos ($15.12), Ovechkin ($13.68), Wheeler ($12.10) Backstrom ($11.52), Voracek ($9.50), Atkinson ($1.80), Nyqvist ($1.80), Kreider ($1.45)
    Defense: Doughty ($9.00),
    Gostisbehere ($7.75), Hamilton ($3.89) Dumba ($1.25) Beaulieu ($2.10) Lindholm ($1.22) Goligoski ($0.59)
    Goalies: Vasilevsky ($5.04), Hellebuyck ($1.14) Darling ($0.88) Keumper ($0.25)

Total Cap ATM: $100.73

Farm
    : Matheson, Gurianov

Dobber Sports Monster

Blip on the radar. AZ are stacked with excellent prospects and OEL will benefit bigly from their production.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

Im starting him again this week over Faulk. He plays 4 games so here's to hoping he can turn it up for a few weeks. His ice time has been ridiculous lately, it's amazing he isn't at least been lucking into some secondary assists.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):