Thread: Moving Letang

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Moving Letang

I know another Letang thread. Situation is slightly different than some others so figured I'd ask:

I could use quality D production over the next few weeks ....could be the difference of finishing in the top 3 in the league vs not. Letang isn't helping with his injuries of course and my other D is not picking up the slack. However, i don't want to lose a high quality keeper either so would only move Letang for a comparable D. Below are the Dmen I think may be available. Are any of these worth losing Letang over? I can balance out any trade w/ picks or other players but Letang for one of these guys would be the centerpieces:

Subban
    Klingberg
    Byfuglien
    OEL
    Doughty
    Hamilton

Thanks
    11 teams, start 12 F, 6 D, 2 G, roto, no playoffs, keepers (protect 5F, 3D, 1G, and 1 rookie) G/A/SOG/HIT/DefG/DefA/DefSOG/DefHIT/Sv/W/GAA
    F: Pastrnak, Aho, Guentzel, Debrincat, Barzal, Ehlers, Hughes, Meier, Wilson, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Backstrom, KJohnson, Perfetti
    D: Hamilton, Dahlin, DeAngelo, Bouchard, Hronek, Girard
    G: Jarry, Vejmalka, Samsonov, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Moving Letang

Subban is close to even, so is Buff.
    OEL is the next step down but still close.
    Klingberg I would need a decent add on for.
    Probably wouldn't do it for Hamilton unless you think these stats will make the difference AND you get a solid plus.
    Doughty is just overrated IMO for fantasy and LA is not going to be doing much over the last week of the season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

If you can get a decent add I'd be tempted by Hamilton and Klingberg as it is a mostly points based scoring
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

I'm ok with the suggestions given above, but I would think that your opposition isn't going to just give you what you want. In that case, I'd be willing to take any of these guys if you think you can win this season.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Initiate

Agree w/ Eskimo, you could probably pull the trigger on Subban as he's had a down year as well. Buff could also be a target. You wouldn't lose too much if you got either of these guys.

Letang is such a great player to have when he's healthy... "when" is the key word here as you can almost guarantee that he'll miss a significant number of games over the year due to injury. I offloaded him last season for this reason alone.
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Superstar

Sulla has the right idea; Hamilton is on the rise and still underrated and he is only 23. Important thing is he consistently can put up 40 plus points a year with excellent peripherals so if you can get a decent addition as he said I am pulling the trigger. Letang is 29 and the injuries will only get more abundant as he moves into his thirties.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Have to say, moving Letang in one of his worst injury plagued seasons, while he's still on the IR is an awful move. You're cutting your return in half. If he was in the middle of a 12pt in 10 game run (as he has done frequently before) you'd be looking at a return of Hamilton ++ for him.

Food for thought. But if Letang were a stock purchase - you just lost your shorts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4