Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hold on for one more day...Stories of goalies who killed your year

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Hold on for one more day...Stories of goalies who killed your year

First league in sig held on to the Dallas tandem close to half the seasons thinking they would at least give me the win categories. Well they pretty well kept me out of the regular season money in this league and fighting for my playoff life on the last week of regular season.

Second League in Sig. Had Schiends and Mrazek to start the year. Schiends has been bad in his own right but Mrazek is straight nuclear this year. By the time I was able to wrestle Dubnyk away from his owner he had slowed down and my tandem has already done it's damage to my squad. Despite one of the best balanced players in the league my team is dead last in all goalie stats. Now I am fighting for the last money spot with just a few more weeks of play.

What's your storey this year? Every year I lose more and more confidence with goalies. They seem to flip flop every year dramatically.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Hold on for one more day...Stories of goalies who killed your year

Started off in one league with Fleury, Elliott and Pickard. Dropped all three of them, and traded to get Rinne, Smith, Gibson and Ward. In playoffs now, so we'll see how that turns out.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Lundqvist has been killing me all year...... I finally lucked out when I traded him, Turris, and Marleau at the deadline for Elliott, Tavares. Lundqvist was supposed to be an upgrade over Elliott for the other GM but it turns out I won both sides of the deal.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure if it has killed my year yet, as I've made it into the playoffs, but having both luongo and lundqvist out for 3 weeks during fantasy playoffs is really fun!
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I had Bob the year after his Vezina when he was shit... then traded him for Rinne the year Rinne missed most of, then managed to wrangle Bob back last year (shit again) then traded him away to the same guy who's challenging me for 1st this year.

I hate goalies.

Just jettisoned Hellebuyck who was also killing me in favor of Crawford and Jones for the long haul. Love Jones and have had Crow for a while so despite his propensity for Injury, things are looking up.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Started the year with Bishop and Elliott. Both sucked for long stretches at the start and that put my team behind the eight ball early (I won the league last season).

What's worse is that they weren't playing regularly enough and my league has a mandatory floor for goalie minutes - don't reach it and there are heavy penalties (1st round pick gets moved to worst pick of the round, all salaries increased by 10%).

So I sold off Yandle to get another starter. That was Craig Anderson, who promptly and (understandably) took off for weeks without sight of a return date.

Season was DOA after that.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Kuznetsov Frost WKarlsson ---MBourque Rossi MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson
    LW: Caufield Hagel Nichushkin EKane---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brown Kakko---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan
    D : Theodore Seider Addison Klingberg Gostisbehere Fehervary---Edvinsson
    G : Talbot Korpisalo ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Chabot Hart Novak Andersen

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts, 1 2nd
    2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Expert

I was really confident this year. I drafted Bishop,Schneider and Elliot in like round 3-4-10. I thought I had crazy value from them. Finished 3rd to last because of it.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

[QUOTE=yougo;1745058]I was really confident this year. I drafted Bishop,Schneider and Elliot in like round 3

you win!

Dobber Sports Monster

Not that I was totally comfortable with them anyways, but Andersen and Greiss have let me down so far this week. I managed to finish 2nd in the league despite having really awful goaltending all year long. Gotta fix that this summer.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Not that I was totally comfortable with them anyways, but Andersen and Greiss have let me down so far this week. I managed to finish 2nd in the league despite having really awful goaltending all year long. Gotta fix that this summer.
    I assume this helps...C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Malkin
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Started the year with Talbot (saving grace), Hellebuyck,Elliott. Dropped Elliott right before he got hot and took Smith. Ran with that for a bit and finally had enough so pulled the trigger on Hellebuyck / Smith for Schneider, just when Schneider had been playing great for a few weeks after the New Year.

Been a struggle all year...

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Superstar

he hasn't killed it as I am in the playoffs but I certainly was screwed royally by the Bishop trade, took him in the second round.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

RunningRob

Started the year with Schneider and Rinne.

Picked up Talbot right after the draft to use as a third goalie.

Dropped him for Hellebuyck who was touted as the second coming. Eventually dropped Hellebuyck for Matt Murray when he was dropped.

Trade Rinne + Hoffman for Jones in January.

Dropped Schneider for Elliot two weeks ago.

Now contemplating picking up Gibson for my IR just for a long shot.

Dobber Sports Master

Gibson's injuries as of late have me barely holding on to a money spot. I'm 15 points ahead of a guy in my division, but he has Matt Murray. While Vasilevskiy, my second goalie, has been great recently, he only counts for me if he can overtake Gibson's points totals.

My luck with goalies hasn't been terrible, and I would blame my inexperience, a youthful team, and untimely injuries (I'm talking about you, Steven Stamkos) for the reason why I haven't had as much success as I would like. Things are getting better though. Of course, as they do, I'm sure I'll have a bad goalie experience soon enough.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

Big league, heavy goalie stats, keep 2 I kept Lundy and Karlsson. Drafted Talbot 2nd round (4th after keepers). I was sputtering until Lundqvist finally got his feet under him and consistently played well. Then he gets hurt, I’m 2nd seed in the playoffs now in a neck to neck race with the 7th seed and I’m now running Talbot/Pickard as my goalies. And he’s not on the IR so I can’t pick someone up to help me out.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll