Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 200 Prospect Forward March Update?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Top 200 Prospect Forward March Update?

Have been watching eagerly for the March update to the Top 200 Prospect Forwards, surprised it isn't out yet. Usually Dobber puts it up between the 10th and 12th of the month.

Hope it is coming out soon...

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Top 200 Prospect Forward March Update?

I was wondering the same thing last night as I realized I was checking out last month's update. I'm sure Dobber is working on it.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

Could be a couple days delayed after the server issues that are being dealt with at the moment.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, I figured that might be it. I don't mean to complain, by any means. Was just curious. I always refresh the page multiple times on the 10th-12th as I eagerly await the updates lol.

Dobber Sports Pro

The update is up. It was his full audit version, so that explains why it took some extra time I suppose.

My, how Puljujarvi has fallen. From 98.5 in September down to 78.3 in March. Hope he gets on the up trend again soon.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm loving the Guentzel upgrade to #1!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Pulj was bound to drop from #1. Longer time-table to the NHL than some others. This list always balances talent with time to NHL. Guentzel is here.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Pulj was bound to drop from #1. Longer time-table to the NHL than some others. This list always balances talent with time to NHL. Guentzel is here.
    I am not surprised that he dropped from #1, but I am surprised that his rating is going down over time. I would have thought that as he got closer to being in the NHL again (presumably at the beginning of next year) then his rating would go UP, not down. For the exact reason you mentioned.... time-table to the NHL. I guess maybe Dobber thinks he is getting further from the NHL than he was, or that his upside/talent is lower than it was. Not sure.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I am not surprised that he dropped from #1, but I am surprised that his rating is going down over time. I would have thought that as he got closer to being in the NHL again (presumably at the beginning of next year) then his rating would go UP, not down. For the exact reason you mentioned.... time-table to the NHL. I guess maybe Dobber thinks he is getting further from the NHL than he was, or that his upside/talent is lower than it was. Not sure.
    Could just be that we wouldn't have been surprised to see him in the NHL to end the season at one point, but now it seems unlikely.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Could just be that we wouldn't have been surprised to see him in the NHL to end the season at one point, but now it seems unlikely.
    Good point. That is quite possible!

Dobber Sports Titan

Though I don't think that's something that would drag his ranking down as far as it has come. I think what it likely is, is the realization that Pulj's impact may not be as immediate as that of Matthews and Laine. He will still be almost as good in his prime, but he may have a slower development curve to get there. So it's less so about NHL arrival time, and moreso about high fantasy relevance arrival time.

Dobber Sports Pro

Though I don't think that's something that would drag his ranking down as far as it has come. I think what it likely is, is the realization that Pulj's impact may not be as immediate as that of Matthews and Laine. He will still be almost as good in his prime, but he may have a slower development curve to get there. So it's less so about NHL arrival time, and moreso about high fantasy relevance arrival time.
    In fairness his rating now is about the same as Marner's was in March last year, so it isn't like he is being hugely underrated. It is just discouraging to see the ratings of your prospects go down, that's all. On the plus side, Keller got a nice 8 point boost so I'm happy about that. At this point is it more likely that Keller plays a game in the bigs before the end of the year than Puljujarvi?

Dobber Sports Titan

I think it's unlikely that either does.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think it's unlikely that either does.
    Oh yes, I think that goes without saying. I just meant which one has the higher minuscule likelihood?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Oh yes, I think that goes without saying. I just meant which one has the higher minuscule likelihood?
    Fair enough. I would say Pulj. He's not exactly close to a games played tier like the 9 or 41 game plateaus. Plus EDM may want to keep him up for playoffs if they think that would be good for him.
    Tougher to see the college guys jumping right in when the games are meaningless anyways. Much more likely Keller and Boeser etc get a PTO to play in the AHL.