Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please Rank These Prospects

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Please Rank These Prospects

It's a fair point on the faceoff wins, but that doesn't overcome the limited scoring upside to me. I'll check back, but I don't recall Jost having differentiated stats leading into the draft, likely because he was drafted from such an obscure league (BCHL, no?)... seems fraught with risk to me.

Dobber Sports Icon

Jost put up the most points per game in the BCHL since 2010 as a 17 year old. He has 104 points in 48 games in his draft year. The last person to come close to that was Kyle Turris who had 111 in 48 games. He also broke Connor McDavid's record for points in a single U18 World Championship when he had 15 in 7 games. He also has 31 points in 30 games in his freshman season in the NCAA. He turned 19 yesterday. I think Jost's offensive upside is much higher than people give him credit for. He's also an elite two way center. I still have no idea why Canada played him as a winger in the World Jrs.

Dobber Sports Stud

Jost is going to be a beast. I liken him a lot to ROR but with better natural offensive instincts.

Him becoming Bergeron 2.0 is not out of the question at all.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.