Thread: PLD or Connor?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default PLD or Connor?

If u had to choose between the 2 which is the better own?? PLD has been heating up since his trade so his shine has started to return. Connor has been lighting it up but is facing an uphill challenge for top six. Also would u trade sampsonov or sorokin for either. Have an owner that wants goalie prospects and has been asking. I know goalies are hard to predict so just looking for opinions
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: PLD or Connor?

In a 14 team league where you start 3 goalies I wouldn't consider trading one of your goalie prospects for either one.
    Of the two though I go with PLD, but not by much.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

I prefer PLD over Connor in most formats. I would also trade either of the Russian goalies for either of those forwards. Both PLD and Connor are going to be in the NHL either next season or the year after that. My guess is the Russian goalies are both 3 or more years from the NHL and another 2 or more years before they become NHL starters, if they ever become that. Here's a good article that includes stuff about both of these goalies.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/khl-march-update/

Dobber Sports Master

I would trade Samsonov before Sorokin, with Rask being the much more established and better talent of the incumbent starters on both teams. I would bet on Sorokin having an impact before Samsonov. As for who to pick out of PLD or Connor, arguably Connor is ahead in development, already facing much stiffer competition against grown men, with PLD playing in junior. Some have come out of there kicking ass, like Draisaitl, while others might need more time. I don't know that Connor is in that much of a battle for top 6 minutes in WPG, as I don't view players like Perreault or Lowry etc. as any kind of long-term threat. I think Connor will be in the top 6 next year. The way he;s going, pts only league, I would take Connor. Multicat with positions in mind, it gets harder. Wingers are harder to come by, but PLD is a legit top 3 draft pick. Hard to pick, but right now I bet Connor. At the end of next year's training camps, it might be a different story. I would easily trade Samsonov for PLD, though.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

points only - I want Connor
    multi-cat/roto- PLD

send an offer for both PLD & Connor... why not?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

I echo Lucafen.. why not try for both? I would do it with Samsonov though.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd start with Samsonov arguing he's better than either... then add a mid-prospect to make it 2-2 when he calls BS and wants more.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

I'll go against the grain.. I like Connor over PLD and Samsonov over Soroykin, but only by a hair. Soroykin should have an easier path to the starting gig though, but we're talking long term waits on both.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.