Thread: Lundqvist for Mrazek+

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Lundqvist for Mrazek+

I am currently in 3rd place in my main keeper league (not in sig). With Lundqvist out and 4th place closing in on me (<10pts back), is it worth trading Lundqvist for Mrazek and the 33rd pick in the upcoming draft? The draft includes not currently owned players and those in the NHL entry draft. We have 54 man rosters (incl prospects - no limit) and start 1 goalie daily. My other starter is Schneider. Goalie scoring is 2pts/W and 1pt/SO.

I will be re-tooling in the off season so Lundqvist may not fit that plan, still am I too focused on his name value? My thought was that I should be able to get a top 15 pick along with Mrazek. Is that too much?

Any help really appreciated. I am tempted to let it ride and try to ship Lundqvist out in off season when more teams could use him.

Cheers,
    C.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Lundqvist for Mrazek+

I agree that aiming for a better pick than 33 along with Mrazek makes sense, but I would make sure you get that deal going through. Winning now takes precedence, and even with how bad Mrazek has been, he's better than an injured player.
    Are there no better options than Mrazek out there?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I agree that aiming for a better pick than 33 along with Mrazek makes sense, but I would make sure you get that deal going through. Winning now takes precedence, and even with how bad Mrazek has been, he's better than an injured player.
    Are there no better options than Mrazek out there?
    I'm with EB here... a slight loss on the trade is maybe the cost of holding 3rd. That said, I would shop around. The Wings are looking a little shaky so Mrazek is little more than cannon fodder in your league and there must be better options out there.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

The Great One

You are in third but are you realistically able to beat the team in first/second in the play offs? Some leagues drop off substantially and thoigh Mrazek isn't a bad return I'd be mindful of not rushing a deal if I can't win it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for weighing in guys. We don't have playoffs and there is no catching the 2nd place team so its a case of hanging on. I decided to hang onto Lundqvist in the end. I will attempt to move him in the summer when more teams think they have a chance. Appreciate the clarifying view.

C.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars