Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rank these Dmen - Ghost, Shatty, Barrie

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Rank these Dmen - Ghost, Shatty, Barrie

regardless of team -
    Shattenkirk is 1st
    Barrie - 50pts previously - great buy low candidate
    Ghost - still being defined what he is. Highest risk of the 3.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I just can't get on board with Gostisbehere, he's bad defensively. He's worse than Barrie is by quite a bit in my opinion.

He will likely never be more than a 3rd pairing dman. Barrie is one of the two best dmen in Colorado and that's not going to change any time soon. He will likely continue to play 3+ minutes more per game than Gostisbehere will. Barrie will have Erik Johnson, Nikita Zadorov, Duncan Siemens and Chris Bigras to compete with for ice time in the future. Gostisbehere has Provorov, Hagg, Morin, Sanheim to compete with. That is a much better group of dmen that will take away more of Gostisbehere's ice time.
    You did selectively cut my quote off, and the being on a bad team bit really is dragging him down.
    There is going to be a lot of movement this offseason, so we could see a new top D in Colorado by the beginning of next season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I just can't get on board with Barrie, he's bad defensively on a bad team. Even if Colorado gets better, it likely means Barrie plays less because they have actual top pair Dmen, which really doesn't help his outlook.

Philly as a whole started the season off badly, and like with Klingberg, I think Ghost can turn things around moving forward. Of course a regression was coming after last year's crazy start to his career, but I still like his outlook more than Barrie's.
    Apologies for mini-derailing, but you might change your tune about the bold after next week's cage match........
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Apologies for mini-derailing, but you might change your tune about the bold after next week's cage match........
    Will keep my eyes peeled!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)