Thread: Goalie Emergency - (Lundqvist/Luongo) Berube vs Carolina tonight

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Goalie Emergency - (Lundqvist/Luongo) Berube vs Carolina tonight

There must be others in this situation - my two goalies are Lundqvist and Luongo, both out for weeks. Great, lol.

League 1, super tight, not much on wire. I have Bernier and Dell as my goalies at the moment (lol). If I can pull a rabbit out of a hat with these two, I'll be laughing, but I will definitely be streaming whatever other shitty goalies play based on matchups.

with 4 pickups this week, would it be a good idea to pick up Berube vs Carolina tonight? Another option is Hutton later this week, vs either Ana/SJS.

Thanks! + rep
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Administrator

Default Re: Goalie Emergency - (Lundqvist/Luongo) Berube vs Carolina tonight

Do you have a minimum GP? Ducks have a B2B later this week so if you only need one game you could chance it and hope Bernier steals GAA/SV%. If you feel like you need to go for bulk then go with Berube tonight and go from there.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Any chance Pickard is available if you need volume, or part of the Philly duo? Those might be your best bet to maximize starts. If you can get one start from Dell and two from Bernier though (Gibson is again D2D) then you may be able to steal a couple categories.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Do you have a minimum GP? Ducks have a B2B later this week so if you only need one game you could chance it and hope Bernier steals GAA/SV%. If you feel like you need to go for bulk then go with Berube tonight and go from there.
    3 GP min. I heard somewhere that Gibson was still injured/re aggravated, so he may play more than 1 game.

I do feel like I want to start off with one more game and Mondays are easier... I do like the matchup, just not sure about the Islanders and Berube at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Any chance Pickard is available if you need volume, or part of the Philly duo? Those might be your best bet to maximize starts. If you can get one start from Dell and two from Bernier though (Gibson is again D2D) then you may be able to steal a couple categories.
    Nice call with Pickard - totally overlooked him, but neither of the Philly goalies are available. I think I will add one of either Pickard or Berube for tonight and see how they play out.

Now the question is: who do you like better, Pickard (if he plays tonight) vs Arizona or Berube vs Carolina?

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson

Dobber Sports Titan

Personally I like Pickard, he's been decent recently and you have to go for the home run in a situation like this.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Personally I like Pickard, he's been decent recently and you have to go for the home run in a situation like this.
    Thanks for input - I'd rep you, but apparently I have to spread some rep around before repping you again lol

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Berube - Carolina scores fewer on the road than Arizona does at home, and the Islanders are a better team than Colorado. But Pickard is a good bet to play against Detroit later this week so that might sway you.
    13 Team Yahoo Roto League
    G, A, PPG, PPA, HITS, PIM, SOG, BLK, W, SV%, SHO

HI SANDERSON!!!

C: Johnson, Monaghan, Coyle, Reinhart
    LW: Benn, Ladd, Skinner, Eriksson
    RW: Voracek, Vrbata, Toffoli, Wheeler
    D: Werenski, Ekman-Larsson, Engelland
    G: Pickard, Grubbauer
    IR: Landeskog, Gudas

Dobber Sports Superstar

Berube confirmed - better go with him and get a game in - Islanders need win
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Genius

IN your situation with, "G Cats: w, sv, so, gaa, sv%" you have to have consider 'goalie starts' as your driver. Throw as many starts at your week as you can and hope it all works out. You are boxed into a corner and the only way out is if the waiver wire bears fruit.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oops

Administrator

Poor Berube.

Administrator

Berube and Greiss getting shelled makes me wonder if Halak might suddenly become useful this week...

Dobber Sports Titan

Berube and Greiss getting shelled makes me wonder if Halak might suddenly become useful this week...
    Now that would be something!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Poor Berube.

That is a big ouchy. didn't see that coming - now you go balls to the wall and get more starts and try and win the saves and wins categories.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

was definitely a rough go, but I think all goalies got a little raped that night haha