Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mark stone

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default mark stone

Missed Sens Sat game and Rotowire and Rotoworld have him as d-t-d. Does anyone have any more recent news than this on him? Thanks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: mark stone

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/senators-mark-stone-mri-possible-nagging-injury/

“Mark Stone will also have an MRI to maybe disclose further details to what’s bothering him,” Kypreos explained during Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday. “The feeling is he’s got a nagging injury, lower-body, that’s just prohibiting him from feeling good enough to continue to play.”

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I think one of the forum member has installed a nanny cam inside Stone's bedroom, perhaps he can update us.
    A little unnecessary.

Anyways, I don't think we're going to get a real update at this time of year with Ottawa heading into the playoffs. Teams are going to clam up and not release anything. Especially after Stone went down with the slash on the wrist (forget if it was last season or the season before).
    Hopefully you have a solid backup option, because I would want to have to rely on him to produce for H2H playoffs right now. I think he's going to be rested for playoffs more than anything.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    A little unnecessary.
    Yes, a little bit.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks very much @BreadMan. Good catch. That doesn't sound positive.
    Tried to "rep" you but couldn't. Sorry.

In our league we have a quirky "injury rule"....if a forward on our roster gets hurt, he can be replaced, after missing one game, by another forward from the same team, without using a trade. Injured player can then be put back on our roster after 7 days, if we want to.
    In this case I can now drop Stone (4pts in last 8 games) and add Hoffman (9/8). Guess I may as well do this? Can always put Stone back on roster in a week if he's OK and doing better than Hoffman.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hoffman is a solid replacement. You should be just fine with it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Jedi

depending on whether you count shots or not, you might just want to keep Hoffman regardless.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    A little unnecessary.

Anyways, I don't think we're going to get a real update at this time of year with Ottawa heading into the playoffs. Teams are going to clam up and not release anything. Especially after Stone went down with the slash on the wrist (forget if it was last season or the season before).
    Hopefully you have a solid backup option, because I would want to have to rely on him to produce for H2H playoffs right now. I think he's going to be rested for playoffs more than anything.

Thanks EB. As per my post #5 I can replace Stone with Hoffman which is an upgrade far as I'm concerned considering their recent production. No H2H in my pool but I'm clinging to 3rd ($$$) and need any production I can get.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    depending on whether you count shots or not, you might just want to keep Hoffman regardless.
    Thanks lucafen4. Pts only (G-1, A-1) But ya, I can keep Hoffman on my Roster for as long I want even when/if Stone starts playing again. Just have to keep an eye on who is doing better once Stone returns.

Administrator

He is week-to-week and is out for at least the next three games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Random rant - I hate the term "week-to-week" because it sounds so much worse than it often is. I get that it's more accurate than day-to-day if indeed a player will mist more than the next 7 days, but several times I've been caught off guard by having a guy listed as week-to-week and then lo and behold he's back in 9 days. Rant over.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He is week-to-week and is out for at least the next three games.
    Thanks very much @eric. At least now I don't have to worry about him playing and popping a bunch of points immediately after I drop him.
    Go Hoffman.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Random rant - I hate the term "week-to-week" because it sounds so much worse than it often is. I get that it's more accurate than day-to-day if indeed a player will mist more than the next 7 days, but several times I've been caught off guard by having a guy listed as week-to-week and then lo and behold he's back in 9 days. Rant over.
    I completely agree with you, but alas I think it's the best we're going to get unless the NHL changes its policy on injury updates to the public (which is not going to happen).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Anyone want to put out a guess as to how many games you think he will actually miss?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Aonghas View Post
    Anyone want to put out a guess as to how many games you think he will actually miss?
    I'll wager a guess on ROS. back for early games of 1st round
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4